eating the same foods everyday

Options
maybe not exactly the same thing...but basically...
does anyone do this? if so...what do you eat?

Replies

• kristn__
    kristn__ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do!

Basically I have a turkey wrap for lunch, eat half when I make it and half when I get to work at 2pm with some hummus and crackers. For dinner it's either a veggie packed salad with 5oz chicken, or a portion of something I slow cooked on my days off. Snacks are generally the same, usually a nature valley granola bar, sugar snap peas and crackers. I also have a sugar free jello mousse for dessert. I pretty much eat this everyday and it brings me in around 1300 calories
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs every single day. They are filling, I like them, and they help me hit my protein and fat macro. I've already eaten 6 eggs today hahaha
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    It certainly makes logging easier if you tend to stick to the same foods.

I've always eaten a fairly narrow range of foods, whether I was trying to lose weight or not. Some would find that super-boring and so they wouldn't be able to stick with it. If you are used to eating a wide variety of foods, I would suggest that you continue to do so.

Only make dietary changes that you are willing to continue after you've lost weight. If you completely change your way of eating to lose weight and then go back to your old way after the "diet" is over, it's more likely that you will regain the weight you lost plus more.

Personally, I eat a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich every morning, at least one Lean Cuisine-ish meal, and either another Lean Cuisine or salad (with bunches of variable ingredients) or oatmeal. I fill any leftover calories with snacks like 20g of potato chips, small pieces of chocolate, or granola/fiber bars. I also budget about 150 calories per day for drink calories like tea with one packet of sugar, ice water with a splash of juice, or a packet of hot chocolate.

What I eat works for me because I'll stick with it and I'm losing weight. Believe it or not, this is a huge improvement nutritionally for me over the way I used to eat.
  • efsrous
    efsrous Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same foods, it's just convenient. The easier I make it for myself to make good choices, the easier weight loss is. I prep a casserole to eat for dinner during the week, and a quiche to eat for breakfast. Lunch is an assortment of meat, cheese, nuts and veggies. I change up the veggies and snacks I eat and the casserole recipe I use changes week to week, but for any given week I'm pretty consistent. If I find myself getting sick of something I stop eating it right away though, because that's just going to create the temptation to eat something I shouldn't instead of the thing that fits my weight loss plan but I'm totally not looking forward to putting in my face hole.
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs for breakfast every morning. Sometimes i will switch it up and make a 2 egg omelette. I have tuna salad with tomato and avacado for lunch, and every once in a while i will turn it into a taco. I switch up my dinners and try to always have something dinner, but it's basically a protein and a veggie.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't deviate too much from set menu. Breakfast is always two fried eggs and a piece of fruit. On weekends I add bacon. Lunch will be salad of some sort. Dinner will be some sort of protein and veggies. It is easier to track and if I deviate from my usual fare I can see how that particular food affected my weight loss. Since I don't have to make real meals I have more time for exercise. Will be cooking real meals once hubby and I reach our goal weight. But for now it is real convenient and it is also helps budget our grocery list better.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I don't always eat the same food everyday, but I can get into a routine of eating certain meals several times a week - namely chilli.

As long as you are covering you micro nutrients and getting adequate protein, then do whatever works for you.
  • Adamsa1969
    Adamsa1969 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I basically eat the same things.

Cottage cheese and a boiled egg for breakfast. I sometimes add a piece of toast. I can't seem to live without celery. Its my go to snack and I dip it in Lite Zesty Italian dressing.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'll go months eating the same 5 meals for dinner. Then go months eating completely different.
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I eat alot if the same foods daily I do oatmeal and a banana every morning for breakfast ( rotate between 2 diff oatmeals) and for lunch I normally do a wrap with turkey , cheese , lettuce and an apple with it every day I havent gotten tired of it yet and it works for me
  • JustSandra28
    JustSandra28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Every morning Chobani Greek yogart and apple....midmorning I some times add 2 pieces bacon....lunch chicken and a veggie...cucumber my normal...dinner is random tho.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Adamsa1969 wrote: »
    I basically eat the same things.

Cottage cheese and a boiled egg for breakfast. I sometimes add a piece of toast. I can't seem to live without celery. Its my go to snack and I dip it in Lite Zesty Italian dressing.

I eat the same over and over but have done that all of my life.

It was your celery remark that caught my attention. At work last week I said celery now taste like candy and on said that may have been the first time that remark was ever made. :) While I do not dip it I eat it after every meal that I eat at home.
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same things over and over. Oatmeal in the morning , a piece of fruit or yogurt for midmorning if oatmeal doesn't hold me to lunch. Tuna or chicken salad with some wheat thins and fruit for lunch sometimes a fiber one bar in the afternoon. Dinner is normally different, hubs and I have been known to eat oats or cereal for dinner if not very hungry. I average 1600 to 1800 calories a day depending on exercise.for that day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast, lunch and snacks everyday. Dinner is always different
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I like a LOT of variety... Mmmmm world cuisine! But I also have my 'go to' foods that give me the nutrients I need: half a cup of cottage cheese; 3/4 cup Greek yogurt with chia seeds & a tbs of unsweetened jam; a piece of seasonal fruit; about 2 cups of mixed leafy greens; a Kind bar in a pinch. I repeat those things over & over & over again.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have some staples I eat very often because I find them versatile; mainly yogurt, eggs, and cottage cheese.

I also have to start my day with a bar of some sort (usually a protein bar) and a diet coke. The day feels all wrong if I don't.

Just about everything else I change up fairly often. I like variety.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast and lunch most days. Breakfast is an egg omelet pita. Lunch is a Danon 80 calorie greek yogurt. I eat the bulk of my calories at dinner.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Yes. About 75% of my diet is made up of the same foods/recipes/meals each week. One less thing to worry about.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat the same kinds of things for my four different daily meals, but I have a lot of variety within those constraints:
    Breakfast is two crispbread with spread, milk, fruit, vegetable.
    Lunch is porridge, or salad, or leftovers, or noodles, or cereal, or same as breakfast, but different spreads, fruit and vegetable.
    Dinner is meat/fish, starch and vegetable, or soup or stew, or cheese on toast+vegetable or pancakes+vegetable.
    Supper is smoothie, or yogurt or cheese with nuts, or same as lunch, but something different than I just had for lunch.

Eating boring food can be great if that keeps you from overeating. But if eating boring foods makes it more difficult not to overeat, it's not a good strategy for weight loss.