Question

Options
Hello, I'm 141 lbs and 5.4 and I'm planning of doing Insanity and eating 1800 calories and I'm wondering if it is possible to lose weight even if I don't eat like really healthy stuff because I've tried before and it's really hard to eat 1800 calories only from vegies and fruits and that stuff. I would like to eat normal, but in everything in my calorie limit. It is possible?

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • CatherineHillin
    CatherineHillin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 141 lbs and 5.4 and I'm planning of doing Insanity and eating 1800 calories and I'm wondering if it is possible to lose weight even if I don't eat like really healthy stuff because I've tried before and it's really hard to eat 1800 calories only from vegies and fruits and that stuff. I would like to eat normal, but in everything in my calorie limit. It is possible?

I did insanity for awhile! It is accurately named but if you like cardio then you're going to love t :) good luck!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yep it sure is possible!
    It comes down to cico . so as long as your at a deficit, you'll lose weight.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes you can eat whatever you want as long as you are staying within your calorie goal. However sometimes if you eat a lot of fast food or other foods high in sodium water retention can mask your fat loss. The key is not to panic. If you are being accurate with your calorie counts just stay the course and the fat will come off. Don't expect to be one of those people that loses 6 pounds of water in the first few days as that's probably not going to happen. But that's OK as water loss really doesn't mean anything anyways. Your plan is better than most people out there. Just eat the foods you normally eat but less of them. You will still lose the weight and you won't feel overly restricted.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want, just not how much you may want :wink:
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options

When you say "eating healthy stuff" do you just mean fruit and veg? Depending on your macro breakdown (protein to carbs to fats) there are heaps of "clean" foods that will help you hitting your calories. Especially good fats! Nuts, avocado, coconut yoghurt etc.

I love cooking and eating clean, so feel free to add me or send a message if you'd like some easy recipes :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It sure is! :)

There are so many conflicting views on 'clean eating' - sure, it's good to eat wholesome balanced food but for weight loss, a calorie deficit is all you need. I don't 'eat clean' because I love ALL types of foods with flavour and a bit of spice! I've dropped 32 lbs purely because that deficit was in place.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want, just not how much you may want :wink:

I REALLY like this!!
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Even though it's not the healthiest idea.. As long as you are eating in that deficit of 1800 calories you can technically eat whatever foods you want, however make sure you are providing your body with enough fibre, iron and vitamins which you'll get from fruit, veggies, legumes and meats. But also as long as you eat in moderation don't stop having the treats you want :)
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Have you read the IIFYM thread? Calorie deficit is the key...not necessarily "clean eating". That would be a choice just like a vegetarian. Good luck with Insanity - it looks like it's a killer workout!