So now I have the scale - help, please

Options
ridge4mfp
ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
I understand how the scale works, but am confused on some conversions. For example, weighing 1 cup of a casserole recipe, which is expressed as having 361 calories. If I want to weigh that in grams, what is the conversion? I googled it, but there seems to be many different conversions depending on food type, and I am a bit lost.

Replies

• ridge4mfp
    Options
    Thank you, that is a good informative post. However, it still does not answer my basic question. In the example given in the post, she already knew that one cup of cooked spaghetti was equal to 140 grams. But one cup of "X" is not always 140 grams. That is the infomation I am missing. Most packages have this information, but I am trying to weigh a recipe portion from Skinnytaste.com (Baked Broccoli Mac & Cheese) expressed in cups. What cup to gram conversion would be used in this case?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that is a good informative post. However, it still does not answer my basic question. In the example given in the post, she already knew that one cup of cooked spaghetti was equal to 140 grams. But one cup of "X" is not always 140 grams. That is the infomation I am missing. Most packages have this information, but I am trying to weigh a recipe portion from Skinnytaste.com (Baked Broccoli Mac & Cheese) expressed in cups. What cup to gram conversion would be used in this case?

Build the recipe in the recipe builder

Weigh finished dish

Divide by number of 100g "servings"

Weigh portion ...say it's 250g...enter 2.5 servings of your recipe
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You need to weigh the entire casserole minus the weight of the dish. Then you can divide by servings.
    If the entire thing with dish weighs 1000g. But empty the dish weighs 400g. Then the casserole weighed 600g.
    Divide that by how ever many servings, 6 perhaps, and each serving is 100g. You can do it backwards if you don't know the weight of the dish before you've started. But weigh the cooked casserole before you start dishing it up. And weigh the dish after it's clean and subtract it from the total weight.
    Did that make any sense?
  • ridge4mfp
    Options
    I've got it. Thanks so much!