should i not eat anymore today?

today i think i went a little too much on the snacking

my breakfast consisted of 2 eggs, a slice of toast and a slice of cheese

i snacked on tostitos chips the multigrain ones i think i ate around 300 calories of that
then i had 3 chips ahoy cookies 2 are 110 calories
then i had some veggie chip things that are healthy

I'm supposed to have a good thanksgiving dinner with family but if i eat i will gain weight because I'm not sure how many calories i have to eat. I'm taking a long walk before dinner but I'm upset because i won't be able to enjoy my meal. i snacked excessively today because i was stressed for school. i don't want to go over 1600 calories

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited October 2015
    Were it me, I would eat dinner with the family but skip dessert. Maybe even the gravy and potatoes. Vegetables have very few calories, and the protein in the turkey would help me stay on a more even keel the rest of the day. Skipping thanksgiving dinner would likely be something I would regret later.

PS My rough calculation of what you have eaten so far is under 1600 calories.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Just forget today, enjoy your dinner. I seriously doubt you'll gain any fat, maybe some water weight. But the water weight will be gone in a few days. Do better tomorrow. You've got this!!
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    edited October 2015
    Going over for one day won't ruin your weight loss goal. You need to consume 3,500 extra calories in order to gain one pound of fat.

I also think this shows how important it is for you to accurately track and log what you are eating, so you know exactly what you ate and won't have to worry if you're close to your calorie goal, you will already know.

But I say eat dinner and stop when you no longer feel hungry. I think you'd regret skipping it more than you'll regret eating it.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2015
    today i think i went a little too much on the snacking

my breakfast consisted of 2 eggs, a slice of toast and a slice of cheese

i snacked on tostitos chips the multigrain ones i think i ate around 300 calories of that
    then i had 3 chips ahoy cookies 2 are 110 calories
    then i had some veggie chip things that are healthy

I'm supposed to have a good thanksgiving dinner with family but if i eat i will gain weight because I'm not sure how many calories i have to eat. I'm taking a long walk before dinner but I'm upset because i won't be able to enjoy my meal. i snacked excessively today because i was stressed for school. i don't want to go over 1600 calories

You should still eat tonight. When I oversnack or eat too much during the day I find that I am still starving when dinner comes around and if I try to skip it, I still end up eating late at night because I am too hungry to fall asleep. Eat dinner, maybe skip anything extra like dessert or only have a few bites of it. Don't stress about today, tomorrow is a new day.
    I can totally relate to how school stress makes you want to snack. I always want to snack whenever it is time to study.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2015
    Why not enjoy dinner with your family, and then just eat 1500 or 1400 calories for the next couple days? If you're stressed out already, don't be too hard on yourself! I don't think you have too much to worry about, maintenance is about balance :smile: Just eat sensibly and enjoy the holiday.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Enjoy your holiday dinner , start fresh tomorrow. We're all going to have days where we're way over every so often , it's no big deal. Nothing to get worked up over