Nervous to eat normal again

Options
2»

Replies

• leahrbeatty
    leahrbeatty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How many calories should I be aiming for? Is it 1200?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

A lot more based on what you say. As numerous others have pointed out, your thread indicates that you would benefit from specialized professional help.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

You should work with a doctor who specializes in treating those with Eating Disorders to discuss the psychological piece, and then with a dietician who will help you determine how many calories you should be eating and a strategy for how to reach those goals.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    No, I'm trying to prevent an eating disorder and I just want to be able to eat normal again and still keep between 107-110 lbs. I just don't like gaining weight. Is it possible to come out of starvation mode, eat normal, keep my workout problem and not gain is what I want to know. I want to enjoy eating my favorite foods again.

You never needed to stop enjoying them. Of course you can eat "normal" (whatever that means) and lose or maintain your weight. It's all about calories. Just don't overeat. You seem to be making the whole process harder than it needs to be.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    In general and ideally you would be eating "normal" already as you're losing weight. Being in "diet mode" and then going back to "normal mode" is a near guarantee you'll gain it back. Being wildly restrictive to lose at a fast rate isn't safe and doesn't teach you how to eat regularly, and the whole reason you're nervous about it now.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

No. You should be aiming for the calories you burn (so 2000 by what you wrote in the OP) and then adding 1700 or so on top based on your stats, so above 3000. You are at a point where you need to talk to a dr and a therapist. You are way past the slowly and gradually increase calories, you need help before your health suffers seriously.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The good news is that there is no way you're burning 2000 calories on the treadmill... but yes you need to eat more...