for the girls - mastopexy/augmentation

Options
Hi ladies,

Wasn't sure which category this falls under, but getting droopy breasts is a common thing to happen when you lose weight, so support I suppose is apt!

Has anyone had mastopexy or augmentation or both?

If so, would you like to share your experience? (no pictures or anything needed - I just want to know if you feel it was a success or not and why/why not)

Also interested in knowing how it works with lifting weights.

I have started trawling Google for forums and stuff and been reading a bit about it but wanted to ask my MFP-ers what they though.

Cheers

:smile:

Replies

• plovdiva
    plovdiva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I can not comment based on my own experience, cause I have non in this regard :) but the website www.realself.com has tons of useful information and people sharing their personal story. Hope this helps
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    thanks! will check it out :)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I had a breast lift a few years ago! It was so, so great :) I had to have a big lump removed, so I got my mom's old mastectomy plastic surgeon remove the lump and finish with a lift for both sides. Insurance covered the anesthesia, etc, and I didn't have to pay much for the extra cutting and stitching ;)

My nipples have great sensation -- loss of sensation is a risk! -- and most of my scars are practically invisible. The ones underneath are not invisible, but they don't bother me any and aren't ugly, just a bit noticeable up close. I scar easily.

He just tightened them up and it really hurt(!) but made such a change to their looks. I have enough breast tissue to be quite happy with a lift and didn't consider implants at all.

Other than the pain while healing and the cost and the risks (very important), it was fabulous. I'm sure I never would have done it without having to have surgery on one breast anyway, but I'm so glad I had it done.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply @cafeaulait7 I think I might look into having one of those 'free consultation' things that surgeons appear to have and have a chat about what would be good for me - I don't want more volume really - happy with smallish boobs, but want them to defy gravity and go back up rather than down LOL!