1500 calorie days with 25 grams protein/meal and 22-25 grams fiber/day?

Options
tomatoey
tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone have ideas or examples of meals/days?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How far off are you from this goal based on what you're currently logging? I would use my current habits as a base then see what I needed to tweak. If you can show us what you currently eat, it will be easier for helpful souls to make suggestions.
  • tomatoey
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've fallen off logging for a bit. I typically eat 2000-2200. Breakfast will be eggs + toast, yogurt, coffee, tomatoes (~600), lunch depends on where I'm at, might be a Starbucks sandwich or leftovers at home (600), dinner's likely to be another 600, probably steak or chicken with rice or a potato and some kind of boiled green veg or salad, with maybe a small evening snack. I do sometimes have fast food like McD's or takeout (usually Korean, Mexican, Indian).

Ordinarily I can cut into that some with moderate cardio, but my max burn these days is 100 cals on a good day (injuries). Highly sedentary atm.

Stats = 39F, 5'7, 137 lbs today.

Also I have so far never been able to eat less than 1800 gross. But I've also never been this sedentary. Still, looking for max satiety / protein ideas :)
  • tomatoey
    Options
    beans and lentils come to mind
    google - high protein foods and high fiber foods

Lentils are great, into that, beans too. Was just looking for some meal ideas :)
  • athaddy
    athaddy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    beans and lentils come to mind
    google - high protein foods and high fiber foods

Lentils are great, into that, beans too. Was just looking for some meal ideas :)
    Meal ideas would be GREAT!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    4 oz portions of meat or fish should be around 25g of protein if you want to eat food rather than use shakes.

2 eggs & bacon for breakfast
    Tin of sardines with salad for lunch
    1/4lb burger for dinner with two veg

Toss in a few seeds to help with the fibre and a bit of toast or whatever to fill up the calories.
  • NathanThomae44
    NathanThomae44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mate im a boxer and my weight and diet fluxuates like no tomorrow typically a high protein low carb diet, cut bacon and replace with ham, a lot leaner, also stake is very fatter in comparison to turkey mince or skinless chicken breast, eggs are good for protein but also yoke is fats, so depending on how serious you wanna get as far as a cut n gain lean muscle or whatever, but just a few ideas for any of those interested
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Low fat not required for the OP's objectives.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Meal ideas involving beans? There are many versions of Tuscan bean stew (with meats like Italian sausage and/or pork and chicken) that I looooove. They can also be called white bean chiles or stews.

Then lentil stews from all kinds of ethnicities are a favorite of mine.

I make jambalaya or gumbos with white beans instead of rice, too. Sometimes white beans and lentils, because why not?

Pasta fajul (sp!) soup is another great way to use beans and is delicious, but I have no idea how to really spell it. That's actually slang from my Italian boss, so it's the short form of the name of the dish AND spelled poorly by me, lol. It's pasta and bean soup, though :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Ignore the soup entry - my neighbor gave me some vegetable soup and I picked an entry which seemed close enough.

de20dbf9e1abee74d008e7de464aa6ee.png
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Guys, I missed your replies, so sorry. Thanks so much for the great suggestions!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Whole grains have tons of fiber and protein. Popcorn has a surprisingly large quantity of both fiber and protein, and if it is hot air popped with no butter added it has very few calories. Beans and nuts also have great quantities of both. Or combine foods like Greek yogurt with fruit, one for protein and one for fiber. Meat and salad with vegetables added. IMO a high fiber and higher protein diet keeps me full and happy when eating at a calorie deficit.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Meal ideas involving beans? There are many versions of Tuscan bean stew (with meats like Italian sausage and/or pork and chicken) that I looooove. They can also be called white bean chiles or stews.

Then lentil stews from all kinds of ethnicities are a favorite of mine.

I make jambalaya or gumbos with white beans instead of rice, too. Sometimes white beans and lentils, because why not?

Pasta fajul (sp!) soup is another great way to use beans and is delicious, but I have no idea how to really spell it. That's actually slang from my Italian boss, so it's the short form of the name of the dish AND spelled poorly by me, lol. It's pasta and bean soup, though :)

It's fagiole. :)

It's actually fagioli
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Lol, thank y'all! But they pronounce it differently than the full word, like a slang or shortened version of it. My boss said 'fajool' but the net has 'fazool' a lot, too. I always order it as 'pasta fajool' and nobody raises an eyebrow, lol. I have no clue how to pronounce the real Italian word!
  • tomatoey
    Options
    I hear people say "pasta fazoo" (obv wrong)
  • tomatoey
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Whole grains have tons of fiber and protein. Popcorn has a surprisingly large quantity of both fiber and protein, and if it is hot air popped with no butter added it has very few calories. Beans and nuts also have great quantities of both. Or combine foods like Greek yogurt with fruit, one for protein and one for fiber. Meat and salad with vegetables added. IMO a high fiber and higher protein diet keeps me full and happy when eating at a calorie deficit.

Me too! Usually. It's fitting it in within 1500 cals that's the tricky part for me :/ E.g., I like pan-fried steak in butter, but that's not always possible on 1500. I mean honestly it'll prob have to be 1600 :/ I made a dish tonight that was ok for ~400 cals for 7 oz of chicken breast.

Also, I sometimes like rice, but potatoes are cheaper, calorie wise. (fuggedabout pasta) If anyone has tips like that that I've overlooked, glad to hear them :)
  • tomatoey
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    4 oz portions of meat or fish should be around 25g of protein if you want to eat food rather than use shakes.

2 eggs & bacon for breakfast
    Tin of sardines with salad for lunch
    1/4lb burger for dinner with two veg

Toss in a few seeds to help with the fibre and a bit of toast or whatever to fill up the calories.

This is great, @yarwell, thank you.

@kshama2001 , thanks, that's a great model I can use :)
    Mate im a boxer and my weight and diet fluxuates like no tomorrow typically a high protein low carb diet, cut bacon and replace with ham, a lot leaner, also stake is very fatter in comparison to turkey mince or skinless chicken breast, eggs are good for protein but also yoke is fats, so depending on how serious you wanna get as far as a cut n gain lean muscle or whatever, but just a few ideas for any of those interested

This is true, too. I don't *need* to cut fats but less fat = fewer calories. Thanks :)