A few things to discuss...

Options
The first topic is; are there any of you lovely ladies, and gentlemen, that are doing the 30 squat/ab challenge? I started both, and was doing incredibly well, and frankly, I have no idea why I stopped. I would love to start them back up again!

Secondly, I work third shift as an STNA, in a pretty boring facility(we host retired nuns and priests). It's very quiet at night, with very little to do. I think the most I've ever done, was a few loads of laundry haha. What I'm getting at, the way the hallways are set up, is they are in a square. So, I would like to start walking around that, instead of sitting on my *kitten*, watching OWN network, wishing I was thin again. My question is, how do I know how fast I am walking? And how long should I walk? I am pretty certain that we have it measured out how many feet around the square is, for restorative purposes, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Is there a way to measure the distance, without resorting to a tape measure?

Thanks for all of your help! I'm new in these parts, as well as new to living a healthy lifestyle, so any advice as far as exercises at work, would be phenomenal.

Charlotte

Replies

• blibby33
    blibby33 Posts: 53
    Options
    You could get a pedometer that measures not only your steps but also the distance that you have walked.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When you log your exercise here on the site, they go by amount of time walked, not distance.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    MFP measures cardio by how many minutes you engage in the exercise, rather than by how far you walk. However, there is a free app called Endomondo that supposedly measures how fast/far you walk, if you have a smart phone.