OCR Pals please

Options
hey all, just finished my first Tough Mudder and signed for next year plus another in April....hooked and want fellow racers for motivation!!

Replies

• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be signing up for a Tough Mudder April 30th next year. Send me an invite. It will be my first OCR, so would be interested in what training you did to get ready for it.
  • Noclaf68
    Noclaf68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got back from doing my second TM this past Saturday in Vegas. I finished it, but just barely. Couple things to keep in mind. More than half of the obstacles required upper body strength. Also the Vegas course was very hilly. The first 6 miles were up and down and up and down. Due to this a lot of people had their legs cramp up, myself included. Get a lot of potassium in you the night before and morning of. As for training. I didn't do much this time and I am still feeling it 4 days after. You should be able to run a mile or two at a time and probably be able to do 5 to 10 pull-ups without to much problem. If you cannot do a particular obstacle without help, do not worry there will be 10+ people near you all the time willing to give a boost or that extra push of encouragement. One last thing, a few of the obstacles are 100% mental. Ice Water, Electricity and Tear Gas. Bite your lip and plow through them. They are never as bad as you make them out to be in your head.

Last of all, TM is not a race. It is a challenge. It doesn't matter if you have a 2 hour time or a 6 hour time. Just that you finish. Signing up for one is more than half the battle.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm a very seasoned and experienced OCR athlete. I'm not active on the forums but am very active on my profile. Add me :)