Motto's for life

Options
I have three motto's for life that I always try to remember when the events of everyday living gets on top of me
- you are strong, you have got this
- good words, good intent, good deeds
- all knowledge is worth is having.

You are strong and you have got this is the mantra you need to say in your head when you are lifting heavy weights. Figuratively and literally. Whatever burden life gives you, you can pick it up and you deal with it. You are stronger than you think.

Good words, good intent, good deeds -It is easy to say bad things and knock others down, positive words and acts delivers better results. Good deeds I fail on. I had a flashback memory today of skipping around a toadstool singing about how I was a quiet doer of good deeds when I was a small child in the "Brownies" in the 70"s. The Brownies scarred me for life so I need to get over this one. Though I did lol today when I was trying to prove to a work colleague that the Brownies where real and not just one of my random stories through a google search and got thrown into a girl guides discussion forum about the pro's and con's of mushrooms. Pro tip do not google brownies and mushrooms in the same phrase. I don't think it is a sound idea for small children to skip around a whiskey bottle with a paper mache top and call it character building. But I digress, it is easy to be selfish and mean so do the opposite

all knowledge is worth is having - Get all the information. Think for yourself as you can be manipulated easier than you believe. The more you know, the better decisions you make.

So what are your motto's for going through life?

There must be more good idea's out there.

Replies

• heidigrassi555
    heidigrassi555 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great mottos!
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I like them. I suppose "leave as you find or make better" would be within no.2. It's one I often reflect on.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    *kitten* em, *kitten* em all.
    There are too many people in this world looking to get your down, to put their rubbish on you, to say what you can and can't do. Well *kitten* em. You are here only once, we have a limited time to make our mark on this world. Enjoy you time here. Find people who make you happy, those who don't, well *kitten* em.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I was s brownie. I loved it. I was the sixer of the gnomes. I too skipred around the toadstool -but our spots were actually heart shaped!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    I only have a few quotes that have really meant much to me. I'm not a quote person. But this is one ...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.'s mother.