Corn

Options
I'm trying to fill my carb in take for the day. I have put in pasta and corn. It keeps telling me that I'm over my fat intake. What the heck????

Replies

• hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    This is why I gave up trying to hit fat/carb targets early on. I just focus on hitting calorie and protein targets, and figure that the fat/carbs will take of themselves. It's been working for me so far.

• SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Same as hamlet. Tho sweet potatoes are good to try to hit a carb goal. Veggies do have carbs. What about peas and other root vegetables?
  • Ginnygirl5
    Ginnygirl5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ok, so how do I do that?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Corn, at least that I've logged, has some fat. If you're going over in fat you're eating a massive amount of corn, you have a very low fat target, or you've also logged some other stuff.
  • Ginnygirl5
    Options
    Specialkh- thank you I will try those veggies! I don't think one cob of corn is a lot. BUT I'm thinking what I think is not a lot maybe. Lol
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Ginnygirl5 wrote: »
    Specialkh- thank you I will try those veggies! I don't think one cob of corn is a lot. BUT I'm thinking what I think is not a lot maybe. Lol
    A pound of corn, sweet, yellow, raw has 6.12 grams of fat. It's likely not the corn that's causing the issue with your fat target.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Likely you are putting in someone else's corn recipe, with butter.
  • Ginnygirl5
    Options
    Never thought of that. I need to look into that
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Likely you are putting in someone else's corn recipe, with butter.

This ^^ The MFP database is teeming with incorrect entries. You have to be really careful if you want to log correctly here.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    For most people, unless medically dictated otherwise, your fat and protein goals can be looked at as minimum goals. Eating over your fat goal won't make you fat unless you also eat over your calorie goal by enough to end up in a surplus.

FWIW, I am almost always over my fat and protein goals and just under my carb goals. It's just the way I eat.
  • Ginnygirl5
    Options
    Good to know
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, if you eat corn you WILL get fat! ;)