1490 days logging in and back to my heaviest

Options
trhops
trhops Posts: 295 Member
I just logged day 1490 with MFP yesterday. This year has been a roller coaster of stress and I have put on 35 lbs since February. I need to get motivated and I do for a few days then lose it. Need suggestions, help and friends to help motivate me! Friend me! Looking to be back on here on a daily basis getting motivation and motivating others, tracking my food and exercise and not just to log in to keep my days up.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Awesome streak .... I would love to support/encourage you so feel free to add me ...wishing you the best :)
  • rongata
    rongata Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Buy some fruit!
  • Nicole_M4
    Nicole_M4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    rongata wrote: »
    Buy some fruit!
    Lol

@trhops what is your why power (your true and real deap down reason for wanting to become healthy)? I say dont log in for a few days start fresh make a new habit of logging in to enter in your diary. Good luck sweets xoxo
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm more than happy to help with motivation, feel free to add me :)

What is your current goal? Not your ultimate goal, but your short term 4-6 week aim? If it's to get rid of those 35 lbs again, I would suggest starting with a smaller goal. Even say 5 lbs over a 6 week period should be achievable. Take a couple of "before" photos and your measurements, then once your 6 weeks is up take another photo and redo your measurements.
    Actually being able to see progress is usually a great way to stay motivated!

Also try not to change everything at once! It sounds weird, but habits do take time and energy to develop. Rather than thinking about breaking old, bad or unhealthy habits, you're creating new, healthier habits. So pick one thing to work on for a a week or two, then add the next one. You might decide you want to include more vegetables, so take a week to do that, then you might want to add one or two work outs to your routine so give that a go for a bit.

Good luck :D
  • zebras1977
    zebras1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can do this!!
  • taniaangell
    taniaangell Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ill add the link to a thread started around 2012 with sooooo many inspirational post & pics of before and after...check it out im sure you'll find it motivational :smile:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/750811/please-post-your-before-and-after/p1

good luck
  • leeksey
    leeksey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've added you. I am the same! Looking for inspiration and the general good vibe of the community to keep me going
  • lesley964
    lesley964 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there, in a similar rut.i had 494 days but had not logged properly for months.i deliberately lost my days so I could have a fresh start and have done 2 days so far! Add me we could support each other!
  • cherrie1969
    cherrie1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want.I have goals right now I am trying to reach under 200,I am 232.4 but I started at 255.8 I have been losing every week at least a pound and I started here again after being gone a year I began a new journey to change me August 10,I have dropped 23 pounds so far.I decided to start back again cause I am just getting tired of not having control over my food addiction and I was tired of being over 200 and I could see if I did not change and do something about it I would become either bedridden or with health problems so I decided to get dedicated to myself and make a change and this time to succeed where I have been failing.I have a new outlook that I have never had before,one is I can either choose to get on a wagon and get to my destination which is to gain control lose weight keep it off and to become a new and better me.Or I can continue to stay off the wagon and become lost and not find my way which is to keep going the way I was to gain even more weight,to probably wind up in the bed or bad health or both also to let food win by me not having control.Even though I am not losing weight fast I am losing and slow and steady wins the race I am like the tortoise but we all know what happened to him he won the race.I have 92 pounds to reach my overall goal of 140,even though it is a lot it does not matter I do not look at the over all I take things one pound at a time,one meal at a time and one weigh in and measurement at a time.I know I will come to a stand still and there will be times I will not lose but if I stay on the wagon it will come.I hope you regain your control and get on the wagon and make it to your destination.
  • ApolakiKali
    ApolakiKali Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    what is your why power (your true and real deap down reason for wanting to become healthy)?

I agree. I gained a tremendous amount of weight in 2007, going from 255 to 330 in a matter of months, after a very messy break up and, up until last year, I only made slight weight loss progress for short periods only to gain it back again and then some. I topped out at 380 lbs twice, once early last year, and then again this past January, but it was only after I really did some serious soul searching, in addition to becoming fully transparent with a handful of people who I trust, love, and respect with what I had discovered about myself, that the changes that I've been making these last 60+ days have become sustainable even when stressed. This journey isn't easy and temptation is always there, but when you find that something that drives you more than anything else, hold on to that thought, think about it when you are stressed, and let that knowledge guide your decisions.

You can do it! Motiv8!

P.S. Sorry for the long winded post. ;)
  • hoodie954
    hoodie954 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me! I need friends! Lol !
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for 18 months. I lost about 40lbs in the first 6 months, plateaued for about 8 months, and gained 18lbs back since about January. So, I'm in a similar situation. I had to get my fat pants back out of storage. :'( I looked back at what I did differently when I was successful and here is what I found.

1. I never went into the forums (not sure if this is related. lol)
    2. I didn't know that I was supposed to eat my exercise calories back, so I didn't
    3. I focused on eating under 1300 calories a day and didn't worry about exercising at all
    4. I didn't allow myself cheat meals, days, etc.
    5. I accepted that I was going to feel hungry occassionally (hungry, not starving)

Now, I'm not so worried about losing weight quickly so I get about 1490 calories a day for a lb a week loss. I like to exercise, so I do but I need to stop eating back exercise calories because I'm exercising only to eat more. Rewarding myself with food is part of my mental issues.

I'm back at it.
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like that! What is your WHY power. I never thought of it that way.
    Thank you!
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    trhops wrote: »
    I just logged day 1490 with MFP yesterday. This year has been a roller coaster of stress and I have put on 35 lbs since February. I need to get motivated and I do for a few days then lose it. Need suggestions, help and friends to help motivate me! Friend me! Looking to be back on here on a daily basis getting motivation and motivating others, tracking my food and exercise and not just to log in to keep my days up.

Losing fat and getting fit happen one day at a time, so take them one day at a time. I suggest meal planning for the week as best you can, make lots of safe leftovers and stay away from restaurants. A simple rule for me is if it is not in the house I can't eat it. I would also recommend giving yourself short term goals to boost your willpower. Then give yourself multiple milestones that are Non-Scale Victories (NSVs). For instance you could have a 14 day goal of losing 2 lbs. Then have NSVs like dropping an inch (off waist, hips, chest), get into a new belt notch, blood pressure improves by 3 points, etc.

For instance I gained a pound last week and I was pretty solid on my foods. If I was only focused on my weight it would have been a major blow. I then took my measurements and dropped an inch off my chest. Just went from a loss to a win. I would trade an inch for a pound any day of the week.

Lastly, any time someone gives you a complement about how you look... put it on a post it and stick on your cupboard/fridge. As time goes by those little pieces of paper start to add up (I have about 20 to 30 of them on my cabinet). Whenever I start to feel a bit down OR think about eating C.R.A.P. I look to the notes. All those people see something changing in me and I want to keep it up.

BTW, C.R.A.P stands for the 4 things I stay away from:
    C - Carbonated Drinks
    R - Refined Sugar
    A - Artificial Food
    P - Processed Food (or maybe overly processed or unnecessarily processed)

Feel free to add me as a friend and my diary is open to all.