Halfway there! 79 lbs lost, 78 to go! With photos!!

RaeB1013
RaeB1013 Posts: 265 Member
Hi there! I've been an MFP member in the past (for many years on and off) but have been consistently using and logging for 6 months now. I am not very active on the forums, besides a private group that I'm in (but I do browse) but I especially love this thread. I told myself a while ago that once I hit my halfway mark, I would post my success story. So here it is:

A little background: I am 5'10" and have been bigger my whole life. I am very large framed and will never be "skinny". I finally had enough (for many reasons) back in April and decided it was time to be healthy and the best version of me that I could be! Still a work in progress, but here are a bunch of before and after photos (I don't have a lot of good side by sides, so this will have to do):

BEFORE:

3c3yvuhowhym.jpg
dyk6mxbjb9u8.jpg
kdhmvz8b3v8j.jpg
m6e96atkv7dk.jpg
jk379590ksy1.jpg

AFTER:

e4jrj8ww3sh4.jpg

7nbp9v5ivoki.jpg
rjdiy6eurew4.jpg

I hope my small little story will help motivate! It can be done! I didn't think I would ever be successful at losing weight. But here I am! almost 80 lbs less than I was 6 months ago and over halfway to my goal! I am happier than I've been in a long time!!

Replies

• Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    You look GREAT. Well done!
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Looking good, girl!
  • RaeB1013
    RaeB1013 Posts: 265 Member
    edited October 2015
    Thank you! There are some more photos at the bottom but I can't figure out how to get them in the post. I think they illustrate the difference better!
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Love that you look so happy now. That's true beauty right there. : )

Great job! You're killin' it!!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Very well done indeed lass :-)
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Nice job, you look great and very happy. I've been at it for 10 months and have only lost 30lbs. Time to kick it in to high gear. Thanks for sharing.
  • JessicaOnFitTrip
    JessicaOnFitTrip Posts: 11 Member
    Great job!!! You look amazing! I'm 5'9 and needed to see something like this today! Thank you!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Congratulations!!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Keep up the good work girl
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Congrats, you look fantastic and I bet you feel even better!
  • bonniegoodeye
    bonniegoodeye Posts: 290 Member
    You are doing a fabulous job and it's great that you posted here to the Success Stories thread! Love it!
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!