Not Feeling Well

Options
Matt71Fleming
Matt71Fleming Posts: 68 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Been a bit unwell over the last couple of days.Flu like symptoms and no energy.Ive not done my daily exercise because of this.Been drink as much as I can face.Barely ate 1200 calories today as I've no appetite.Any advice would be helpful.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Take a sick day?

What sort of advice specifically are you looking for?
  • Matt71Fleming
    Options
    Any supplements or easy things to eat to get back to feeling well again.Sick day is not going to happen.What a waste of a sick day to be actually sick!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    All I have is curl up and get some extra sleep, your body probably needs it. Eat what you can manage. Feel better.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Have you never been sick before?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Make yourself some chicken soup with lots of chiles in it. Hot peppers have tons of vitamins and can help with a cold.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    There's no pill for rest. Sorry. Facts is facts. Feel better!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Stay home and sleep.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Nothing helps cure a cold but time; everything else is superstition. Do whatever makes you comfortable until it passes and stay hydrated.
  • Matt71Fleming
    Options

Apart from bowel cancer last year no I've not been sick since early teens.Odd cold here and there but nothing like this.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Apart from bowel cancer last year no I've not been sick since early teens.Odd cold here and there but nothing like this.

Why not take a day off?
  • Matt71Fleming
    Options
    Thanks for the advice all I've done is sleep since Saturday.Went to work today but done nothing all day.
  • Matt71Fleming
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Why not take a day off?

Had to much time off last year 11 months so that is probably enough.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Why not take a day off?

Had to much time off last year 11 months so that is probably enough.

True, but if you don't bounce back in a couple of days given your recent bout with cancer can you call your doctor and tell them what's going on? No sense taking any chances.
  • Matt71Fleming
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

True, but if you don't bounce back in a couple of days given your recent bout with cancer can you call your doctor and tell them what's going on? No sense taking any chances.

Thanks.Ye my wife said the same come tomorrow that's 4 days hopefully it'll start to lift.Bit fed up and hate being away from exercise and my eating plan has went to pieces the last few days.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Let yourself recover - your body needs rest.
    Don't worry about your calories (or lack of) right now. You aren't feeling well. As soon as you're back to your normal self in a few days time, you can get back on track. For now - stay hydrated, eat when you can manage it and rest up :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Just rest up, it sounds like you have flu which needs rest. Drink water to keep hydrated. Feel better soon.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear you, been curled up at home for a week, and only just getting a bit of life back.

Keep warm, sleep, lots of liquids, and if your not eating, have a protein drink and a multi vitamin. ( do the protein drink with water, doesn't make you feel as phlegmy).

Take time off, for yourself; and your co-workers. You wouldn't want the whole place calling in sick, would you.

Get well soon, h.
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Please don't go to work sick, unless you hate your work colleagues and want to get them ill as well.