I GAINED WEIGHT??

Options
Right let me just make this quick and simpel to understand, I'm 18 years old and my calorie maintanence for my activity level is 2400-2500 calories. I've also been told to eat more because I'm 18 and my body is developing still and with hormones and ect I should be eating atleast 3000, but anyway back to the point, last monday I had lost 0.4-5 kilo's about a pound eating 1700-1750 calories, I thought this was a bit to quick to lose weight for me so I bumped my calories up to 1800, when i weighed myself today at the same time as last week I had gained 0.5kg's back? how is this possible, I only increased my calories by 100 and i still was in a deficit... gained a pound? really frustrated about that. what i do think the weight might be from is water because this week i started taking this laxitive stool softener liquid that is supposed to help my constipation and it says that it retains water to soften the stools or something could this be it?

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Not withstanding exercise you've done, carbohydrate intake (and so water being held) and indeed, loss comes in fits and starts, not just one smooth line.

Take measurements of your body, not weight. A steady decline shows fat loss and if you are lucky, a little muscle gain.