explain to me how i gained weight?

Options
Right let me just make this quick and simpel to understand, I'm 18 years old and my calorie maintanence for my activity level is 2400-2500 calories. I've also been told to eat more because I'm 18 and my body is developing still and with hormones and ect I should be eating atleast 3000, but anyway back to the point, last monday I had lost 0.4-5 kilo's about a pound eating 1700-1750 calories, I thought this was a bit to quick to lose weight for me so I bumped my calories up to 1800, when i weighed myself today at the same time as last week I had gained 0.5kg's back? how is this possible, I only increased my calories by 100 and i still was in a deficit... gained a pound? really frustrated about that. what i do think the weight might be from is water because this week i started taking this laxitive stool softener liquid that is supposed to help my constipation and it says that it retains water to soften the stools or something could this be it?

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    may want to get into see a doctor
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm not a medical doctor but I've seen this happen before and the situation is indeed grave. I'd give you around 3-4 weeks to live (maybe less), sorry brah This just sounds way too serious, I mean... weight fluctuating That's just unheard of. I can't imagine what you're going through, you're one of my favorite posters on MFP, you will be dearly missed by many.

Stay strong.

-Chlamydibrah

:laugh: :drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    OP...the human body has natural body weight fluctuations of 2-5 Lbs day to day due to food in/out, fluid in/out, water retention/release, waste, etc. It's normal and natural. Weight loss isn't a linear function and weight maintenance isn't static. Nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs all of the time...it fluctuates.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    OP...the human body has natural body weight fluctuations of 2-5 Lbs day to day due to food in/out, fluid in/out, water retention/release, waste, etc. It's normal and natural. Weight loss isn't a linear function and weight maintenance isn't static. Nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs all of the time...it fluctuates.

Lies, every word of it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Easy to explain: weight loss isn't linear.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Stool. Hehehe.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm not a medical doctor but I've seen this happen before and the situation is indeed grave. I'd give you around 3-4 weeks to live (maybe less), sorry brah This just sounds way too serious, I mean... weight fluctuating That's just unheard of. I can't imagine what you're going through, you're one of my favorite posters on MFP, you will be dearly missed by many.

Stay strong.

-Chlamydibrah
    :laugh: :drinker:
    [/quote]
    Nice work :) I am a fan of davidparker12, too. His posts really stick with you, don't they?