32lbs down, w/ fibromyalgia!! Pics.

Options
RedheadQuine
RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
I encourage everyone starting out to take pics so you can compare. I don't feel that different, though I know I'm fitting into smaller clothes etc. I just compared pics with some I took over a year ago when I was starting 30 Day Shred (an injury had me stopping a week in).

Just thought I'd share. Only 32lbs down, still a long way to go! I haven't lost a lot since May 6th last time I posted progress pics, in fact only 1-2lbs, because I was on holiday for several weeks and didn't count calories/ate too much! But I still think I have gained some muscle/lost some fat because clothes are looser still.

I also wanted to send some special encouragement to people with Fibromyalgia or similar problems, you can still do this, and you will feel better for it, believe me! Just stick with it, take it at your pace, and do what you can! Don't give up!

Anyway, on to the pics.

32lbs1_zps2df9ffdb.jpg

32lbs2_zpsce94385e.jpg

32lbs3_zps0a0ca95b.jpg

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Looking good, keep up the good work. In the bottom picture, look at the difference in your chin/jawline, AMAZING!
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a positive difference in my fibro-legs after a little over 2 months. Hoping to notice decreased fatigue at some point. Every pound lost is a symptom diminished! (I keep telling myself that- lol).

You look great! Hope I look a little younger myself as the pounds go away!
  • isefluffy44
    isefluffy44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The last pic really shows the most difference. Arms aren't as big. Neither is tummy. Boobs aren't popping out. Good for you. I have fibromyalgia too plus raging arthritis so am doing it mostly by my food plan. Almost 25# off since April 1st. I love this site. Kudos to you.:drinker:
  • coopers11
    coopers11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Tell us a little more about your workout routine. I am very achey this summer with joint and muscle pain. It is so easy to just give in to it and not exercise. YOU are inspiring!:flowerforyou:
  • TotalTory
    TotalTory Posts: 59
    Options
    Awesome job. You are doing great. Keep it up.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • RedheadQuine
    Options
    Thank you all so much! :) I still double take when I see my reflection in a window or something... thinking that can't be me! And I still have so far to go!

As far as my workout routine, really the main difference is that I've tried really hard to be more active. Lots of walking with the kids, and the more I do it, the easier it is, and the less bad days I have. Also something that made a huge difference to my fatigue is coming completely off caffeine. All I drink now is water and peppermint tea, and the occasional decaf coffee or tea for a treat. Within a couple of weeks of cutting caffeine I couldn't believe it - I was no longer falling asleep at 2pm with sheer exhaustion!

I find if I'm out running around with them somewhere it's much easier than "exercising". Other than that though, I do also try and exercise - I do various different DVD's, my current one I'm using is actually the Original Buns of Steel, lol! I have 5lb hand weights and use them through the cardio part.

I have knee problems so I have to be careful what I do. However if my knee flares up I just take it easy for a couple of days then change my routine.

Another big help I've found with the fibro pain is working my abs. There's a 30 Day Ab Challenge on Facebook, since doing that, my back pain has decreased so much, I can actually bend down and stand up again! Now for my back pain I have had physiotherapy, seen a chiropractor, seen an osteopath, done exercises, who knew some crunches and planks would help!

When I started this journey I couldn't even do 1 single push up, not even 'girl style' - I had to actually be on hands and knees! Now I can do 10 proper push ups without stopping for a break. :)
  • tlog73
    tlog73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are definitely an inspiration! I have FM and lupus and also have started a tiny exercise regime. You give me hope that I can do this, thank you so very much for sharing!!!!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Super job. My fibro has really responded to better eating and exercise also. :happy:
  • 2vayla
    2vayla Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty amazing!!! Great job!
  • BeautifulByChoice
    Options
    You look great! And a lot smaller! Keep it up!
  • RedheadQuine
    Options
    Thank you so much. :) When I look at the face on pic I almost think that it's somehow distorted, I can't possibly look that narrow (compared to before, of course).
  • Badjinn
    Badjinn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OMG that is awesome! Contragulations:flowerforyou: You have achieved the goal I have established for myself. That's for sharing. Now I know I can do!
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    you're doing an awesome job!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yay!!
  • SoVeracious
    SoVeracious Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great progress. Keep up the good work!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Very big difference! You've lost a lot of inches all over. Congrats on your success!
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing great. I know you must be so proud. I also have fibro, as well as phase 3 adrenal fatigue, so exercise is not something I do very much of. But the things you've said about crunches helping your back, etc. are interesting. I might just have to take a leap and try it. I need to lose 90 lbs and it seems impossible, but I know of others who have done it and so I figure I can to. I just started back on MFP today and happened to see your post. So, thanks for sharing! You have inspired me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!