Quest bars

Options
2»

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    KDuvall235 wrote: »
    Have you tried them recently? They changed the formula and are now disgusting compares to before. I used to eat 4-5 a day and now haven't been eating any. I would try the new formula before buying a whole box.
    ^^this. IMO stay away from the cinnamon bun. Does NOT taste like cinnamon buns anymore

Imo it NEVER tasted like cinnamon bun. Quest bars, for me, fall to the weird American mindset of 'everything is better with nuts'. I was so excited to try the cookie dough flavour because I freakin love cookie dough... and then all I could taste was almonds! Gross! :'(
    Personally, I can't taste the difference between the new and old recipe for the flavours that I do like, though.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Ebay
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Have you tried them recently? They changed the formula and are now disgusting compares to before. I used to eat 4-5 a day and now haven't been eating any. I would try the new formula before buying a whole box.

That's a lot of money and fiber lol.

Definitely. I know I've been constipated at times from just eating one or two a day.

Ding! That's two people in real life and one on MFP who have reported narrowing down their constipation to the quest bars.

One person, I know she was right. The other one (and you, obviously) I don't know well...but I'm starting to think it's something that happens to some people and not just my friend. Not all people, obviously.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Definitely. I know I've been constipated at times from just eating one or two a day.

Ditto. Especially since my fat is on the low side. Bleh.

Whoops! Four people.
  • krisfrantzen
    krisfrantzen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    According to the places I get my quest bars they have one pricing and no discounts or sales. ..blah. I like the old formula better but hey the macros are amazing
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    KDuvall235 wrote: »
    ^^this. IMO stay away from the cinnamon bun. Does NOT taste like cinnamon buns anymore

Imo it NEVER tasted like cinnamon bun. Quest bars, for me, fall to the weird American mindset of 'everything is better with nuts'. I was so excited to try the cookie dough flavour because I freakin love cookie dough... and then all I could taste was almonds! Gross! :'(
    Personally, I can't taste the difference between the new and old recipe for the flavours that I do like, though.

I know cinnamon bun tastes awful now, it used to be my favorite ugh I miss it :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Ding! That's two people in real life and one on MFP who have reported narrowing down their constipation to the quest bars.

One person, I know she was right. The other one (and you, obviously) I don't know well...but I'm starting to think it's something that happens to some people and not just my friend. Not all people, obviously.

I've also had it happen with other protein bars, & the time I thought it was a good idea to eat 70 grams of fiber. My problem is I don't drink enough water.