SLEEP EATING

Options
2»

Replies

• JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have struggled with this. It began about 18 months ago when I was severely restricting calories and my weight dropped into the 120's. I then began eating at night in my sleep. I was about 50-50 aware or unconscious when doing this. It continued for several months as I began to fight an eating disorder. It would happen especially on days I restricted calories. Then it became a habit. I began to put many of the foods I would eat in a cabinet and purchased a small plastic chain and key lock. I would lock the cabinet and my wife would take the key. It still happens on occassions, and it usually involves carbs. It took some time, but it has gotten better. I dont use the chain and lock anymore. I do understand the shame and guilt involved and applaud you for seeking help.
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    BTW, one thing that helped immensely was I budgetted my calories to save some for a snack before bed. I like to eat a small bowl of oatmeal with casein protein mixed in. I've also mixed some oatmeal in with greek yogurt. This helped me considerably.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    i peeeked in your diary
    you are NOT eating enough calories during the day

This used to happen to me when I was younger. The reason was because I was not eating enough for my activity level and my body was doing what it needed to in order to fuel itself. So agreed my doctor and therapist at the time.
  • breelinda
    breelinda Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok guys tell me how much I should be eating then?? This PROBLEM IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    breelinda wrote: »
    Ok guys tell me how much I should be eating then?? This PROBLEM IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!

Unless you just adjusted it today, it looks like your goal is 1800 but you're severely under eating (during the day) compared to that. Try coming closer to your goal with intentional meals and snacks for at least a few days? You shouldn't be eating 1100 cals with a goal of 1800, and even on a day when you've exercised - it's too little
  • breelinda
    Options
    I don't know what my goal should be? I want to loose 10-15 more lbs, and the scale will Not move!! I will eat more on the day. ;) thank you guys ! ;)
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    In addition to eating your calories and talking to your doctor, make sure you are drinking enough water.
  • breelinda
    Options
    I do not drink enough water!! I am forcing it down, I got in trouble by my Doc for being dehydrated on a kidney test, I have been doing bettet lately, it sometimes give me a stomach ache, yes water!! Ughhh