Questions About the 30 Shred

Options
I bought the DVD today and I'm going to start it tomorrow but I have some questions. Probably if I'd just go watch the DVD most of them would be answered but I thought I would ask the experts! The people that have actually used it.

1- When you finish the first 30 days what are you supposed to do after that? Continue the 1 hour work out that you've worked up to?

2- I'm not in very good shape and I'm very nervous about getting through the first day, is it going to make me puke, pass out or die?
I've been walking on the treadmill for about 15 to 20 min a day that's it...

3- Has anyone really seen great results from finishing this?

thanks for reading this and sending me a reply!

Kathy :happy:

Replies

• nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I have not been religious with it but from what I have heard and learned...it is good to do the first workout for the first ten days and so on. If you find it too difficult to move on...stay with each workout until you feel good enough to advance. Yes...Jillian will kick your butt right away...especially if you are like me and not into all the circuit training..but it does get easier. It is a good workout, you are definitely spent after completion...I am thinking about starting it over again...and actually sticking with it. Good luck!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    1.First of all it's a 30 minute workout. After the 30 days are up, you can either start over again, rotate through your favorite levels, or move on to an entirely different workout routine. Whatever you want to do.

2. I was around 290 pounds when I did it my first time (I've started over like three times, lol. Now I'm actually going to do all 30 days. I'm on my 12th day) It was doable, really. :) I had to modify some moves, but no big deal. It still got my heart rate up and I burned some calories. The next day I was so sore I could barely move. Just take a break. It'll go away in a day or two and then you can continue. I've never had an exercise get me sore more than once. The second time you do it, you probably won't get sore again.

3. I haven't finished it yet, but I can definitely tell a difference in my endurance. I don't have to modify my jumping jacks anymore. I do every single jumping jack and I jump high too! :) I'm like the fittest fat person I know, lol! I can tell I'm gaining some muscle and definition in my arms. I was stupid and didn't take any measurements when I began, but I know I must be losing a little because I had to tighten up the chest strap on my heart rate monitor for it to even pick up my heart beat anymore.

If you give it your best, you'll burn tons of calories and feel great. I always feel so energized afterwards. :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    So far I've enjoyed the 30 Day Shred. I've been at it for more than 30 days total, but I do it about 4-5 times a week so it's gonna take me longer than 30 days. I've done 10 days per level and I'm about halfway through Level 3 right now. Once I finish, I'm planning to use it a few times a week and mix it in with other workouts. It's still a great workout even after I'll have finished. I did Levels 2 and 3 back-to-back yesterday morning and it was a killer.

I started doing it when I weighed 183 and had been working out for a few months already, so I didn't have too much trouble with it. I wasn't very sore and I was able to finish all the workouts. I did try to do the Shred last January as a workout and it was too hard for me. I went from no exercise at all to trying the Shred and I latest 3 days. So since you've been working out a bit daily, I think you'll be ok.

As for results, I've lost 10 pounds and 1.5" off my waist and I'm not even done. I actually have muscles tone in my arms and legs, I can tell I have ab muscles, and my waist is much thinner and my stomach fat is shrinking. So, it's definitely working and i'm really happy with the results.
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    I am also starting it tomorrow [June 21st] to be part of the group on here that will work together to complete it.

I have done two days from Level 1 last week. The first 30 minutes I did on Monday. I was knackered after it was over but then went on to walk 4 miles on treadmill after a short rest. I thought 'this isn't so bad'.... Then on Tuesday I was SO sore, even my butt cheeks hurt!

I took Tuesday off from any kind of exercise but then on Wednesday I walked 5 miles and then did another 30 minutes of the shred on Thursday and I felt much much better on Friday! The first day is the worst but it is so doable!

I also had to modify a few of the moves such as jumping jacks [star jumps] because I have some aches and pains in my right knee. I have a soft knee brace that I bought so tomorrow will be my first day doing it with that so we shall see.

But trust me.. if I can do it you can do it! :flowerforyou: Will be fun doing it all together as a group!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Your workouts will only be about 27 minutes including the warmup and cool down - you do each level on its own, not combining them and you progress. I did the full 30 days and lost 9 lbs and over 6 inches.

I was not in that great of shape when I started it and I will tell you that the first few days are ROUGH!!! But keep at it - don't give up it does get easier as your body adjusts. I had intentions on starting it all over again when I finished, but after completing level three level one was really easy for me so I didn't get much out of it. I started doing some different work outs instead and am probably going to go back to my Jillian DVD in the fall.

Just keep in mind your body will be sore after the first day or two, but don't give up on it - you will see results - mine were awesome. Stay hydrated - drink tons of water - do a little extra stretching and you will be feeling great in no time!!!! Keep me posted on how you do! (Oh and I started out with 5 lb weights - way to much - I recommend 3lbs or even 2lbs if you feel you are that out of shape - just stick with it!!)
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    Cmcrae and nursee67 we will be some hot chicks after this! I really hope I can stick with it. I mean it's only 1 month. 30 days fly by as it is so we will complete it before we know it!