I need help sticking to it

Options
2»

Replies

• revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi Zoe, I've struggled with this as well. I lost 25lbs on MFP before and gained it all back and some. Now I'm back starting completely over. Would love to motivate and be motivated by others, we can all support each other! :)
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Zoenkylesbee125 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MsMarvel27 wrote: »
    Hi Zoe, I've struggled with this as well. I lost 25lbs on MFP before and gained it all back and some. Now I'm back starting completely over. Would love to motivate and be motivated by others, we can all support each other! :)
    I'm in!

• amber822015
    amber822015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Zoe,
    My name is Amber and I have also been back and forth and I'm ready to stay positive and hopefully I can also find people to be supported by and who can support me also. I'm looking to meet as many people I can on here so we can be their for each other. If you want you can add me.
  • KourtneyChristine
    KourtneyChristine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Zoe! You got this girl! Who have done it once and you can do it again!! That's what I tell myself! Just think of how great you will feel! It definitely is sooooooo hard! But you should make a list as to why you want to lose weight and what you will benefit from it. Then make a list on all the reasons you are feeling unmotivated and how that makes you feel. I've done that a couple times now and it's always a huge eye opener for me! Most of the time I just notice I need a little break and I'll get back into the swing of things.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    bykeon wrote: »
    Zoe, this happens to me usually about 3 months into weight loss. I'm looking good and close to goal. Then that evil little voice in my head starts in telling me that I can eat just like I used to. I'm there right now,and, I'm determined to quiet that devil
    That's me right now! 4 months in (again) and 10-15 from goal. And stuck for almost 3 weeks. At least I haven't gained! Oh well.
  • namkeng
    namkeng Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have (over the last year) put on half of what I lost. My clothes no longer fit :( and that is what brought me back to using myfitnesspal. So now I'm at the point where Im thinking, what can I do about this today? Yesterday it got me to a pilates class at a time when I usually have an afternoon nap. Today, I will take FeenixFlashfire's advice and add a twenty minute walk to my day. Zoesbee125, thank you for articulating how scary it is to put back on what we manage to lose. This fear has been floating around in my head for a while now. Great to see so many positive responses. If you set up a group I'd appreciate being part of it or feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I know that this app works. I lost almost 30 pounds and then broke the cardinal rule while on vacation. I just stopped logging. The biggest issue for me is accountability, and MFP gently asks that I be accountable. Well, in the past two weeks I have eaten more than a pound of cheese over three sittings. But I logged it and I kept within my calorie goals each of those days. Today I had strawberry ice cream at 11:30 p.m. and that was it. Allergies were acting up and food just seemed like a bad idea. One day of quasi-fasting isn't going to do me in. I have begun adding more walking this month. Again, as so many others have said, this is a lifestyle change. Also, I need to settle at one healthy size so I can get some of my closet space back.

I tell people that if every time I complained about my weight I did ten situps I would have abs of steel and nothing to complain about. Maybe I need to start practicing that rather than talking about it. Hmmm
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    I've used this app for years! I keep coming back because it does work! It's me that has to do the work and I am full force now! Just takes like minded people to help sometimes! The support is awesome! I'm on the treadmill as we speak! Looking at my spare closet over there that has all of my smaller clothes in it! Let's do this!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    namkeng wrote: »
    I have (over the last year) put on half of what I lost. My clothes no longer fit :( and that is what brought me back to using myfitnesspal. So now I'm at the point where Im thinking, what can I do about this today? Yesterday it got me to a pilates class at a time when I usually have an afternoon nap. Today, I will take FeenixFlashfire's advice and add a twenty minute walk to my day. Zoesbee125, thank you for articulating how scary it is to put back on what we manage to lose. This fear has been floating around in my head for a while now. Great to see so many positive responses. If you set up a group I'd appreciate being part of it or feel free to add me as a friend.

We've got this! A new adventure! I kept thinking... If I could only get back to or do the same.. And then it dawned on me... Noooo! Life moves on and this is a new chapter! So I've gained weight! Stop beating myself up for it and move on,! The now is what I make it to allow the future to be awesome! Let's do this!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    Don't discount a nonweight gain! Youre awesome for maintaining! You can so anything as long as you continue to keep your head in the game! Keep moving and smile! You've got this!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    What
    Zoe! You got this girl! Who have done it once and you can do it again!! That's what I tell myself! Just think of how great you will feel! It definitely is sooooooo hard! But you should make a list as to why you want to lose weight and what you will benefit from it. Then make a list on all the reasons you are feeling unmotivated and how that makes you feel. I've done that a couple times now and it's always a huge eye opener for me! Most of the time I just notice I need a little break and I'll get back into the swing of things.

Great advice! It sure will help ! Thank you!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    Hi Zoe,
    My name is Amber and I have also been back and forth and I'm ready to stay positive and hopefully I can also find people to be supported by and who can support me also. I'm looking to meet as many people I can on here so we can be their for each other. If you want you can add me.
    Good deal girl! Let's do this!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    Heck yeah
    MsMarvel27 wrote: »

Yea!!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    You guys are amazing!
  • twohourshower37
    twohourshower37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Zoe, I know the feeling well. Been back and forth for years. Tired of it. Think of it as LiFe change, not short term!

Definitely agree. I've always done quick diets, or weeks of juicing, then would go back to old habits. I've finally realized that my eating better and exercising is my new way of life and will be going forward. It's definitely a full on lifestyle change required to lose weight and keep it off.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i cant count how many times ive started over at this point but i keep trying im actually kinda proud of me logging things today after 2 days of not its hard to just keep going once u break rutene but it will be ok even if im over id rather know