Fave 300 cal snacks

Options
What are some of your favorite (approx) 300 calorie snacks/meals?

Replies

• jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If I had a 300 calorie snack I'd go over my calories for the day lol. :) So I don't have one....
  • ravengurly
    ravengurly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ue0o5sm7hbo1.jpg
    A small raw apple with the skin left on supplies 77 calories, while a 2-tablespoon serving of smooth or chunky peanut butter contains 188 calories. The apple also supplies you with almost 4 grams of dietary fiber, which keeps you feeling full longer and benefits digestive health. A 2-tablespoon serving of peanut butter adds to the fiber intake with almost 2 grams. In addition, peanut butter is a rich source of protein, with more than 8 grams in just 2 tablespoons. Like fiber, protein increases satiety, leaving you better able to carry out your tasks. If you’re concerned about the calories in peanut butter, reduce your serving to 1 tablespoon. Most nut butters provide similar calorie counts. ;)
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    300 calories is a meal to me... but some things are:
    hummus, veggies, olives, cheese (like a platter of this)
    yogurt (240 for a flip of chobani, add more nuts for 300)
    fruit salad with yogurt and honey
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Can't do 300 calorie snacks... 300 calories is a breakfast or a lunch for me with a larger amount of calories dinner with my family.

I can do 100 or 150 snacks. Which may be peanut butter and celery, small amount of nuts (new go is Planters Energy Mix), popcorn, raw veggies with dip. Something like that...
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    300 calories?

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 Eng muffin with 1/2 tsp butter, coffee, 1 tsp sugar, milk=322 calories
    Lunch (or sometimes dinner): Mandarin chicken salad: lettuce, tomato, 9 pieces of canned mandarin oranges, 2 oz. chicken, 1/2 oz. grated cheddar, 1 T. chopped walnuts or sliced almonds, 1/2 T ranch dressing=291 calories
    Dinner: 3 1/2 oz baked salmon with 1 tsp tartar sauce, 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup edamame, 4 oz red wine=351 calories

I stick to snacks about 100 calories or less because my daily calories are 1100-1300.

Favorite snacks: 100 calorie or less Greek yogurt, fruit of all kinds, 7 almonds (especially after workouts), occasionally 1/3 cup of ice cream, 7 Wheat thin crackers, 1 oz. of plantain chips, peanut butter on apple slices, or peanut butter on 1/2 slices of bread

70044776.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Apple and nuts or apple and almond butter.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have days where I have way to many extra calories from exercise. So, I'll eat cheese and crackers at night. Weigh them so they stay within. That or fruit and PB like others suggest, also make good pre fuel for morning runs since I can't eat right before I do.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    300 cal for a snack? Giant snickers bar, go all out.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    300 cals are usually my breakfast/lunches:

greek yogurt + granola = 240cals
    Grits (I'm from the South) + bacon = 230cals
    English muffin + cream cheese + turkey sausage = 222cals

Crap Soup + crackers = 378cals
    Grilled chicken salad = 321cals
    Grilled chicken sandwich (Wendy's) = 370cals
    Tuna salad open-faced sandwich = 300cals (I use mayo which adds 100 cals; it's a lot but I love mayo and don't have to give it up, so it's worth 300 cals to me. Don't judge.) :smiley:

HTH!
  • ajm_uwe
    ajm_uwe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Eggs n bacon, a pot of cottage cheese + tobasco, a butterfinger, a pot of low fat greek yoghurt and strawberries.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    3/4 c 0% Greek yogurt + 1 c frozen berries + 1/4 c Grape Nuts Cereal -- > ~250 kcal
    1 egg + 4 egg whites + 1.5 oz cheddar --> ~325 kcal
    2 slices bread + 1 wedge Laughing Cow + 2 T strawberry jam --> ~280 kcal
  • CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    lodgehemp wrote: »
    What are some of your favorite (approx) 300 calorie snacks/meals?

I keep my 'snacks' to around 100-120 calories each and one between breakfast & lunch and the other for around 2-3 pm in the afternoon ....

I do around 200-225 for breakfast
    (2) 100-120 calorie snacks - something like a serving of chips/salsa, 100 calorie bag of popcorn, fresh fruit, string cheese/cheese stick, boiled egg
    Lunch around 300 calories
    Dinner - pretty much whatever I want, I just really watch portion sizes.
    Desserts - only once or twice a week and same as above, portion control is key

My total calories per day 1200-1400 and the higher the #, the more walking I do on my treadmill

No judging here..just advice.

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    300 cal for a snack? Giant snickers bar, go all out.

I was thinking that I'd stop at sonic for some cheddar peppers if I had that to spare.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have been eating:
    1/4th a cup of dry oatmeal
    2 dove dark chocolate promises cut into tiny pieces
    2 TBL of shredded coconut

then I just mix them in a bowl and eat it with a spoon for a total of 229 calories :)