Best Fat Burner For Women

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    "fat burners" are a gimmick...they are modern day snake oil.

This
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Lets see. Lemon water, coconut oil, borage oil, linseed oil, apple cider vinegar, grapefruit, pineapple, papaya cinnamon (but not typical cinnamon) green tea, coffee, oolong tea, yerba mate tea. Are the natural ones anyway but not pills.
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is great. I use it as a creamer in my coffee.
    Oolong tea. Delicious and it does help.
    Interval training and weight lifting.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lets see. Lemon water, coconut oil, borage oil, linseed oil, apple cider vinegar, grapefruit, pineapple, papaya cinnamon (but not typical cinnamon) green tea, coffee, oolong tea, yerba mate tea. Are the natural ones anyway but not pills.

anigif_enhanced-6204-1408361180-1.gif
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I will tell you I have tried a few different types of fat burners....They will work IF AND ONLY IF you eat right and exercise. I am a bit of a science geek, so I have experimented with different ones in the last year.

For each of the ones listed below I used it for 30 days and did not use it for 30 days, repeated the process for 2 more months. I kept my calories around 1200 (short person that sits at a desk all day 1440 is maintenance for me) and went to the gym 5 days a week. 2 days lifting 3 days cardio 1 hour each day.

The one that worked best for me was Phent-A-Drexx. Can't find it anymore. Actually doubled my weight loss in one month. 8 pounds compared to 4.

Cellucor Super HD - has a laxative effect, made me jittery, weight loss was about 20% more than without. 5 pounds compared to 4.

Now I am taking Nutracore Herbal Burn. Doesn't make me jittery and my first week on it I had a 1.6 pound loss..still in the process.

Good luck, for the most part eating right is the biggest help in weight loss. If you don't watch what you put in your mouth then nothing will work.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I will tell you I have tried a few different types of fat burners....They will work IF AND ONLY IF you eat right and exercise. I am a bit of a science geek, so I have experimented with different ones in the last year.

For each of the ones listed below I used it for 30 days and did not use it for 30 days, repeated the process for 2 more months. I kept my calories around 1200 (short person that sits at a desk all day 1440 is maintenance for me) and went to the gym 5 days a week. 2 days lifting 3 days cardio 1 hour each day.

The one that worked best for me was Phent-A-Drexx. Can't find it anymore. Actually doubled my weight loss in one month. 8 pounds compared to 4.

Cellucor Super HD - has a laxative effect, made me jittery, weight loss was about 20% more than without. 5 pounds compared to 4.

Now I am taking Nutracore Herbal Burn. Doesn't make me jittery and my first week on it I had a 1.6 pound loss..still in the process.

Good luck, for the most part eating right is the biggest help in weight loss. If you don't watch what you put in your mouth then nothing will work.

so really in truly you dont really need them. If i wanted to take something like that i want it to work without me changing my habits. if i have to eat right and exercise whats the point of the pill?
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That's right...they may increase weight loss by a little bit, but not enough. Save your money. I got mine for free from personal trainers and nutrition stores. Only because of my experiments.

You cannot replace a good diet.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've tried many, many fat burners. You name it and I've probably dabbled.

I used each and every fat burner exactly as advised and for a decent amount of time - none of them made any difference whatsoever to my weight loss. I was losing the expected amount due to my calorie deficit but these fat burners did nothing to boost or 'speed up' or 'burn' ANYTHING. Please save your money and spend it on nice yummy food :)
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    WingardiumLeviosa91 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use GNC tonalin CLA and GNC burn 60. First one boosts metabolism and increases body heat, second one gives energy to work out more while burning more calories. I suggest taking both.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Eat less.
    Move more.

Have patience.

This ^
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP there are no magical pills for fat loss!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I use GNC tonalin CLA and GNC burn 60. First one boosts metabolism and increases body heat, second one gives energy to work out more while burning more calories. I suggest taking both.
    @WingardiumLeviosa91
    You know, GNC employees are told their first duty is to try to sell you GNC products. It means bigger profits for the company. They will try to talk you into taking supplements you don't need just to get a nice bonus check from the company (I was hired and quit because their tactics go against my morals). They basically ripped you off.

Here's objective information about CLA: http://examine.com/supplements/conjugated-linoleic-acid/
    GNC Burn 60 is basically just a bunch of natural sources of caffeine. It would be cheaper to take caffeine pills.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Insignificant affects on thermogenenisis unless taken in high doses. Honestly, doing this for as long as I have, I've studied and researched practically every type of "fat burning" supplement there is and ALL are give minute results (if using recommended dose) that cost a lot of money. This link is pretty good at giving an unbiased look at supplement use and effectiveness.

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

If you don't watch what you put in your mouth then nothing will work.

This is the THING that is responsible for your weight loss....not the pill. You are giving the pill way too much credit.

Supplements are not regulated - advertisers can make any claims they want to.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

If you don't watch what you put in your mouth then nothing will work.

This is the THING that is responsible for your weight loss....not the pill. You are giving the pill way too much credit.

Supplements are not regulated - advertisers can make any claims they want to.

Actually, supplements cannot make unsubstantiated "disease claims." However, "burn fat" would not fall in that category.

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/supplements/other-supplements/article/supplement-claims-whats-allowed

...However, the law does limit the claims made on supplements’ labels and on the Internet (even in testimonials and website links). With only a few exceptions, they cannot assert that the supplements treat or cure disease. They may make only “structure/function” or “health maintenance” claims. Here are some examples:
    • A label can say “helps improve your mood” but can’t say “reduces depression.”
    • It can say “maintains a healthy circulatory system” but not “prevents cardiovascular disease.”
    • It can say “maintains cholesterol in a healthy range” but not “lowers cholesterol.”
    • It can say “supports the immune system” but not “helps prevent colds and flu.”
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    If you do not already have one, take the money you were willing to spend on un-regulated, un-substantiated marketing hype and spend it instead on a digital food scale. Now that is something that will actually aid fat loss.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights using a structured program. Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit. Hit your macros. Be consistent and patient.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    @WingardiumLeviosa91
    You know, GNC employees are told their first duty is to try to sell you GNC products. It means bigger profits for the company. They will try to talk you into taking supplements you don't need just to get a nice bonus check from the company (I was hired and quit because their tactics go against my morals). They basically ripped you off.

Here's objective information about CLA: http://examine.com/supplements/conjugated-linoleic-acid/
    GNC Burn 60 is basically just a bunch of natural sources of caffeine. It would be cheaper to take caffeine pills.

The thing is, they work for me. When I first purchased them everyone here was against supplements because of possible harmful effects and no actual help. But my body reacted to them in a good way. Tonalin CLA definitely increases my body temperature and I don't get cold even in cold weather, which makes me feel like 'it is working' so psychologically I feel good about it.

Burn 60 Definitely works. Maybe it doesn't work as a 'fat burner', but as someone quite depressed and out of energy, it pulls me together, and when it is time for gym, it gives me energy to achieve my daily 500 calories goal in an hour on the elliptical. Without it I wouldn't have survived a week with this workout routine.

So I like them. Not every metabolism may show same results, but it showed a good result on me. Today I will stop by at the GNC again and return an unused bottle to buy something new, possibly Thermo CLA, but I also like my Burn 60, so I might just get a bottle of Waterex, though I have doubts on it I want to observe if my huge tummy will get smaller when I get rid of the retained water. I just hope it is not an harmful product.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Insignificant affects on thermogenenisis unless taken in high doses. Honestly, doing this for as long as I have, I've studied and researched practically every type of "fat burning" supplement there is and ALL are give minute results (if using recommended dose) that cost a lot of money. This link is pretty good at giving an unbiased look at supplement use and effectiveness.

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I just replied to previous comment on their uselessness.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've tried one in the past so I'm not judging but please keep in mind that a lot of these pills can be dangerous. Pick any popular one and look up its side effects and possible dangers. In the end it is not worth the risk.