Bloated again ehh or am I?

It seems everything is going good. Then I get a craving for salt so I put a little lemon pepper seasoning on my food and it honestly is a little. But I don't use salt any other time so I guess my body isnt used to it. Anyway the next day I get on the scale and everytime my weight goes up in-between 5-10 pounds. This time it went up 7 pounds over night. And my mind is saying its water weight from bloating and it'll go down in a couple of days, but then another part of me thinks I've put on weight from eating something bad. The only thing I eat is fresh meat and fresh vegetables. No butter,no oil, sometimes I'll use the extra virgin olive oil spray and dill weed,curry powder,chili seasoning all of which are spice island and salt free. And I use stivea and only drink coffee and water. I'm sorry this is so long. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that it is water weight and will eventually go down in a couple days?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    You don't ever have grains or dairy?
  • StepB1987
    StepB1987 Posts: 30 Member
    edited October 2015
    No cheese makes me constipated and I'm allergic to glueten and I'm not really a big fan of grains anyway. I don't even eat chocolate ...
  • VeryKatie
    Perhaps open up your diary so we can see what you're eating and make suggestions.
  • StepB1987
    All of my vitamins and minerals have been tested through blood test. Everything from protein intake to calcium and sodium all levels are normal.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    It sounds like you are doing a low carb diet. When you are on a low carb diet you need to add more fat, healthy fats that you get from, eggs, nuts, EVOO, coconut oil, avocado, etc... You also need sodium. Unless you have high blood pressure or kidney disease where the doctor has advised you to cut the sodium dramatically, you need to make sure you get enough. You may want to consider using mineral salt or Himalayan pink salt, because they give you additional nutrients that is good for your body. Too many people are afraid to eat fat and salt because of fear of gaining weight. If you get the proper amount, then your body will function better and burn calories and body fat more efficiently. Feel free to friend me and you can view my food diary. I changed my ratios of fat, carbs, and protein. Low carb, high fat, high protein. Even when I go over the recommended amount I lose weight. The only time I seem to gain weight is when I eat out or eat junk food that is high on the carb side. Otherwise I eat wholesome foods and make sure my body gets all the proper nutrients.
  • StepB1987
    not all vitamins and minerals can be tested at a blood test
    an example is calcium
    you might have had your blood calcium tested, but this has nothing to do with the density of your bones or calcium intake
    * just to let you know
    for calcium /bone density you need a scan

You are missing the whole point of my post. This isn't about my calcium intake ..my question was related to whether the boated would go down in a day or two. Because I freaked out this morning I just wanted reassurance. Yesterday I weighed 7 pounds less than today!
  • VeryKatie
    StepB1987 wrote: »
    not all vitamins and minerals can be tested at a blood test
    an example is calcium
    you might have had your blood calcium tested, but this has nothing to do with the density of your bones or calcium intake
    * just to let you know
    for calcium /bone density you need a scan

You are missing the whole point of my post. This isn't about my calcium intake ..my question was related to whether the boated would go down in a day or two. Because I freaked out this morning I just wanted reassurance. Yesterday I weighed 7 pounds less than today!

We're trying to figure that out I think but it's hard unless we can see your diary. Maybe the real problem is no BM.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    It's highly unlikely that you gained 7 lbs of fat overnight. The best way to find out if it's water weight that will go away in a couple of days is to wait s couple of days and weigh again.

Water weight and other unexplainable gains happen many times throughout this process. We have to learn to accept this and figure out how to live with it. I had a big drop 2 weeks ago then within 2 days jumped back up 2.5 pounds. I spent the next 2 weeks fluctuating up and down and did not get back to the previous low until yesterday. Then today I dropped 0.6. I don't like this process but it happens and it will again.
    SW 301
    CW 188
    GW 150
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    @StepB1987 Can you make your diary public, it will help people to pint point your problem if there is one
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    7 pounds in a day? In no way is that fat gain unless you somehow consumed 24,500 calories over maintenance in the last couple of days.