need some help (weight problem)

Options
Right let me just make this quick and simpel to understand, I'm 18 years old and my calorie maintanence for my activity level is 2400-2500 calories. I've also been told to eat more because I'm 18 and my body is developing still and with hormones and ect I should be eating atleast 3000, but anyway back to the point, last monday I had lost 0.4-5 kilo's about a pound eating 1700-1750 calories, I thought this was a bit to quick to lose weight for me so I bumped my calories up to 1800, when i weighed myself today at the same time as last week I had gained 0.5kg's back? how is this possible, I only increased my calories by 100 and i still was in a deficit... gained a pound? really frustrated about that. what i do think the weight might be from is water because this week i started taking this laxitive stool softener liquid that is supposed to help my constipation and it says that it retains water to soften the stools or something could this be it?

Replies

• cmstraut
    cmstraut Posts: 15
    Options
    Try to remember to stay close to the recommended calorie intake (within 500 calories). Any greater can be harder on your body. I would suggest talking to a doctor before trying anything so drastic when your body is still developing #rantover

Now to answer your question and to calm your mind: Taking your weight weekly is a great way to keep with your goals, however it is normal to fluctuate 5lbs. If you have change your exerciser routine it could also be due to increased muscle. Most likely it is just water weight. Try to take your weight in the morning after a restroom break, before mealtime, but even with this studies still show fluctuation of 2-3lbs. The goal is to track your weightloss over months

Bottom line: its ok and keep up your routine.

Good luck!