Self sabotage

Options
so for the past six months I've lost and put on the same 6 lbs. I do it to myself totally but I just need it gone for Christmas I've lost my mojo.
Has anyone got mojo finding tips??

Replies

• MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Not really. I thought I should lose this weight for quite a long time, but just didn't do a thing to make it happen. Once I really made up my mind, then taking the right actions came quickly.

When I'm in that "wish I wanted to want to do it " mindset, the only thing that really works is something kind of drastic.

Maybe fast for a day and see some loss on the scale?
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Maybe make a list of all the reasons why it would benefit YOU to lose the weight? Not broad, general reasons, but very specific detailed reasons. I was in your place a while back. Taking time to put the reasons on paper took me a bit of time, and when I was done, I had three pages of text - very detailed reasons that were just for me! It helped me regain my focus.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Also, 6 lbs is really pretty small... Maybe this is a goal that no longer has meaning to you? Are you just hanging on to it for the sake of hanging on to it? What about setting a functional goal - train for an event, take up a new sport, recalibrate your macros for better body composition - and see if that has more meaning for you.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Maybe set your sights on a bigger number... like aim for loosing 10 or 15 LBs and then when you hit 6 you'll be all set :smile:
  • doolalytap
    doolalytap Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great answers guys. I'm training for a 10 mile race soon so will think forward to that.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I do fitness challenges a few times per year, that helps to reorganize things and set new goals. Something like that might send you in the right direction once again
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    doolalytap wrote: »
    Great answers guys. I'm training for a 10 mile race soon so will think forward to that.

If you're training for a fitness goal like this, focus more on fueling your body appropriately for your runs and don't worry about the pounds. My runs are significantly better when I am at maintenance or slightly higher.
  • doolalytap
    doolalytap Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ah I'm always training for something so I'd never get any weight off but thank you.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    doolalytap wrote: »
    Ah I'm always training for something so I'd never get any weight off but thank you.

Then you may want to consider taking a break from training if you're going to create a large deficit, or at least decreasing it