Morten Nuroma Sufferers

Options
I've had a Mortens Nuroma now for 2 years I'm on the public hospital list to have it removed but that will be another 12 months!! I can't afford to have it done privately! I'm in pain so much pain at the moment :( it hurts to walk and even squat so its impacting my lifting! I work in a pub and it hurts to be on my feet for my shift! I just grin and bare it but it's starting to get really hard to do! I only have one pair of shoes that are comfortable and they are old boots so I wear them everywhere but I can't lift or wear them to work! Has anyone suffered from this and what have you done to ease the pain?

Replies

• Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What about an orthotic insert? It won't cure it but can change the weight distribution so that walking and standing don't cause pressure directly against the neuroma. Could help while you are waiting for surgery.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    A podiatrist tried numerous types to take the pressure or support on the area and it aggravated it each time, we tried for 10 weeks to get it right. The orthopedic surgeon has said its the worst he has seen in a long time :neutral: I've had quartizone injections into the site but that did nothing as well! I can be walking happily then it pops and has literally made me fall it's that painful. I used to be able to walk bare footed but I can't do that anymore either.