what happens if you don't eat all your allotted calories

Options
I haven't been eating all my allotted calories for the day...so I'm wondering if I will still lose weight

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    yes, theory says you'd actually lose weight faster.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will.

Any particular reason you don't eat as much as you should?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    You will certainly lose weight, if you are recording your calorie intake properly.

The larger concern is that you may lose disproportionate amounts of lean tissue, particularly muscle mass, if you continue with that pattern.
  • shewolf35
    shewolf35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No particular reason... Maybe it's my food choices ...they keep me fuller longer...not really sure...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You'll still lose, but be careful. Consistently undereating can lead to muscle loss and other serious health concerns.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You'll still lose, but be careful. Consistently undereating can lead to muscle loss and other serious health concerns.

^ This and your heart is a muscle too!!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Second that.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Sure it's ok, but if you're like me, you're gonna really be hungry tomorrow. I've found it just works better to keep steady. I feel better, too.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly under too.

I'm finding myself not as hungry. On Monday I was hungrier but it has subsided greatly in the past two days.

I know I'll lose weight this way but I don't want to lose wellness. Is the lack of hunger my body's way of saying it has had enough even though I haven't had a lot of calories?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're in a deficit, you'll lose weight. As far as not eating enough, on occasion, you'll be okay, but it's important to make sure your body is getting the nutrition it needs. This will keep you healthy and hopefully allow you sustainability, which you won't find if you're over restricting yourself.