Options
I struggle with fibre and my diet is very low
I want to have more what's a good number and food have the most fibre

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I avg 40-60g of fiber every day at around 14-1800 cals lol. Fruits, veggies, beans, some cereals, fiber one bars, quest bars are all high in fiber
  • nowetdio
    nowetdio Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Around 40g
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I eat so much that I don't even look at the numbers anymore.

If you eat your fruits and veggies, you'll have no problem hitting your fiber numbers. :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the teens of grams. It isn't critical.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I eat over 150g
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    As suggested, for more fibre you need to get more fruit, veg, pulses and grains like oats into your diet. You could also add fibre to shakes and soups, maybe using oatmeal, ground flax or chia seed, or snack on things like dried fruit or Nakd bars. I eat a meat-free and dairy-free diet so get loads of fibre and go well over the 21g MFP sets.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I eat chic peas and lentils and broccoli -- all have fiber.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    60-80g
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My goal is 45g but I don't track it that carefully. When I do periodically track I usually average around 40-42.

My best sources of fiber - Fiber Gourmet pasta, Bran buds cereal, beans, fruits, vegetables

I upped my fiber intake at the suggestion of my doctor when I told her was trying to lose weight. I have thanked her so many times for the advice. High fiber has made a huge difference in satiety for me.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    80-120 grams during my bulk. I like veggies lol
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I average between 30 and 50 grams of fiber a day at 1600 calories. I eat a LOT of fibrous vegetables and a LOT of whole grains, though. For example, yesterday I had an apple, two giant tomatoes, a whole-grain Lean Pocket, two Wasa crisps, a big bowl of lentil stew with cauliflower and carrots, and a banana... and that was a lower-fiber day for me.

Just eat plenty of vegetables, whole grains, and beans. Fiber isn't all that hard to come by.
  • canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When you eat so much fiber did you have to increase water also. Thanks
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I didn't increase water, but I drank a lot of it to begin with. I drink between 50 and 80 ounces of water most days, plus coffee, diet soda, iced tea, etc.
  • keeblerelf83
    keeblerelf83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing a low-carb (20g) diet so beans (though high in fiber) and fruits are incredibly high in carbs so not in my plan. Anybody take an amazing supplement they like?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    in the neighborhood of 40 grams per day, sometimes a bit more, sometimes less. I eat a lot of beans, lentils, oats, and a lot of veg. I credit these things along with other dietary changes and regular exercise with substantially reducing my LDL cholesterol.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    When you eat so much fiber did you have to increase water also. Thanks

I didn't intentionally increase water, but I don't track it and already drank a lot of water.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal of 25g pretty much every day, but usually I go over. I average probably around 35g of fiber per day. I am vegan though and eat loads of fruit and vegetables. If you aren't getting enough fiber it's probably because you're eating too much meat and starches.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I eat about double what a woman is "supposed" to eat. Whoops.
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I feel best when I am over my daily recommendation. Try eating apples, sweet potatoes (skin on), greens and popcorn. Also fiber one bars are yummy!