Christmas food plans!

Options
Christmas is coming up in like 10 weeks. What plans do you have?
Do you give your self extra calories?
Do you blow it?
Do you hide from food?
We just had school holidays and I didn't think about having a food plan before going into it and I wished I did.
So for Christmas I am going to have a Big plan. What are your ideas?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple...I eat the foods I enjoy within my calorie goal.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Cupcake, Christmas is toooo far away; I don't even have a meal plan or ideas for the rest of the week so I am not even going to worry about the holidays so much in advance. Good luck to you with your plans.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Forget logging and enjoy myself. It's what I did last year.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Or that. That's a really solid option as well!
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm with you cupcakes. I'm already thinking about it. I love Christmas cookies. I bake them for my family and friends. Of course I have to eat some out of every batch. From Thanksgiving until after the New Year I think I'm going to eat at maintenance. I'm hoping to be within 5 pounds of goal by Thanksgiving. For me exercise is easier in the winter because it's cold here in Minnesota and the exercise warms me up, that should give me a few extra cookie calories. I think your smart for planning ahead.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I still have to get through American Thanksgiving. But I will probably do a pork wellington with mash tatters and green beans. Mom will contribute pie. And all of us will be fat. There are a lot of birthdays and a wedding the week before also. So YAY!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

Or that. That's a really solid option as well!

Niece's first Christmas plus morning-after buffet with my coworkers after we spend all night working...it's going to be a big one this year and 1270 calories won't cut it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    And I believed I thought about food too far in advance.

I'll hopefully be in a bulk by then so I'll eat whatever and then go crush it in the gym.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I ate at maintenance for the two weeks surrounding the holidays, and ate whatever -and as much - as I wanted on Christmas day. It was fine.

Don't over think it.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm in health care and have been scheduled to work Christmas. I'm assuming there'll be some kind of potluck so I'll probably watch my portions on actual Christmas and find another day to celebrate with family.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I'll hopefully be in a bulk by then so I'll eat whatever and then go crush it in the gym.

Woot! Me too.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I follow EM2WL... so I'll just eat what I want and make sure it fits my macros :)

I actually started it a week before Christmas last year and I lost weight over Christmas instead of gaining!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Woot! Me too.

Yes! It's going to be glorious.

But to answer the question, if I was in a deficit I'd probably get ready to maintain for a week. Last year I ate in a deficit on most days but did it up on Christmas and New Years eve. I may have lost a pound even.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    My plans for the holidays is as follows: Thanksgiving week average out so I am at maintenance. Christmas weekend eat whatever, log and move on. Eat slowly down to deficit after Christmas, maintenance New Years, splurge for my birthday dinner, resume eating slowly down to deficit starting January 10. Be back on a losing streak by January 20th.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    My plans for the holidays is as follows: Thanksgiving week average out so I am at maintenance. Christmas weekend eat whatever, log and move on. Eat slowly down to deficit after Christmas, maintenance New Years, splurge for my birthday dinner, resume eating slowly down to deficit starting January 10. Be back on a losing streak by January 20th.

That sounds so complicated!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Fourth of July, and your birthday. That's six days out of the entire year. Don't 'plan out' those six days - just enjoy them. Eat what you want on those six days. No matter how much you eat on those six days, if you stick to your calorie goals for the rest of the year, you won't gain weight, I promise.
    And you'll enjoy the holidays and your birthday so much more.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this earlier! Do people weigh the food when eating Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner? My family would never let me live that down!
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    I was thinking about this earlier! Do people weigh the food when eating Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner? My family would never let me live that down!

Nah. I estimate and enjoy the days.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

That sounds so complicated!

I won't actually change my settings, this is the way it will work, may as well declare it as my plan.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Fourth of July, and your birthday. That's six days out of the entire year. Don't 'plan out' those six days - just enjoy them. Eat what you want on those six days. No matter how much you eat on those six days, if you stick to your calorie goals for the rest of the year, you won't gain weight, I promise.
    And you'll enjoy the holidays and your birthday so much more.

This plan seems good to me! I was wondering what to do for the holiday season, and this seems like a winner. Although New Year's, Easter, and Fourth of July aren't big food days for me.