Dr Phil 20/20 plan

Options
Hi my name is Amber and is am 33. I am starting over yet again and I think that I will be able to do this plan. I don't eat many veggies and this is one I think I can do. Anyone else want to do it along the side of me and support each other message me or add me. I will be buying the book on Amazon for under 20$ so I can read before my November 1st start goal.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-20-20-diet-by-dr-phil-mcgraw-food-list-what-to-eat-and-foods-to-avoid/
    Part of his book is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy- type stuff about changing habits.
    This is what he has to say about food:
    Food should be used only for nutrition, not for emotional needs such as psychological, social, financial, romantic, etc. It shouldn’t be used to celebrate, or as a companion, or for entertainment, or comfort, as people who eat out of stress or emotion are 13.38 times more likely to be overweight or obese.

The book discussed “right thinking” to get your mind and behavior right in order to get your body right, and it claims to overcome the “rebellion triggers” that make you break a diet (the “ugly truths”) – hunger, cravings, feelings of restriction, impracticality and expense, boredom, temptations, inconsistent results and plateaus. The 20 key foods on this diet are said to help increase your body’s thermogenesis (related to your metabolism), help you feel fuller, and have a “time-release” effect so you feel full for longer after eating them.