Before and after workout

Options
ericnsara325
ericnsara325 Posts: 4 Member
What are your favorite FAST go-to items when you head to the gym?

And what are your favorite FAST go-to items for after your workout?

I started with a medium banana on the way out the door.

And munched an apple after. Looking back, I should have had some peanut butter with the apple.

Replies

• f1ann4rs
    f1ann4rs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Banana, snap. But, I follow it with some chicken breast, I cook about 200grams the night before with herbs and a little chilli powder rubbed in, slice when cooled and leave in the fridge in a food bag, that will last me two days- two gym trips.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nothing special. I just eat my normal meals when I'm hungry. Most people don't need pre or post-workout snacks.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • JadeOmalia1
    JadeOmalia1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Before and after workout meals should really only conisist of protien and carbs. Fats slow the process of protein from reaching your muscles so it will prevent muscle re build which is what you need before and after your workout. I either have chicken and sweet potato 2 hours before my workout and a shake and banana after the workout. Try and have fats away from your workout and before you go to bed ☺
  • Sanzo2015
    Sanzo2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Before a 2.5 hr karate training, I'd have pea protein isolates powder and water shake. Post is something high is protein, like avocado, pumpkin seeds and poached eggs on toast, scrambled tofu and raw salad. I'm meat and dairy free.