Calorie goal

Options
so for my weight I can have 1500 calories a day! I ate way less calories ! I'm so proud of my self !

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    How much is way less?

Keep in mind MFP's goal for you is already set so that you will lose whatever amount of weight you selected during set up. So if you selected 2 lbs per week loss, than you would have a deficit of 1000 calories (max recommended by the NIH for safe/healthy weight loss) if you ate to your MFP goal. If you eat under it, you will be increasing your deficit which when it's already at 1000, you wouldn't want to do. Go to far under repeatedly and you risk malnutrition as well as the possibility of it leading to a binge.

So what's the point in telling you all this? Why did I not just say "congrats"? I want to hopefully prevent you from continually under eating and possibly causing harm to yourself. I don't know how much you were under, but saying "way" under I expect it was a couple hundred. :flowerforyou:
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Listen to the above. Weight loss is about long term sustainable goals, not a single day. If you eat right you can keep going and doing it day after day. If you don't eat enough, the cravings and urges can often lead you back to bad food choices, or worse, not getting proper nutrition.

You have the rest of your life to get to the weight you are comfortable and healthy at.
  • sarahbarbara012345
    sarahbarbara012345 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, listen to the above :)
  • lindsaymartin41214
    lindsaymartin41214 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to say (way). My bad. But thank you guys !