Real Life Nicknames

Options

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    The folks I used to work with at the University of Iowa called me K-Phed for awhile. It was short for K-Phederine - A little something to pick you up.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Up until I was in my early 30's people around me always found some derogatory nickname to call me. Being called by my give name was so rare it took me by surprise.
    For the last 20+ years, no effing nicknames. I like it that way.

In the USAF I was called Twinkie for my fat body with skinny arms and legs sticking out. When I puked my way down to 155 pounds they had to come up with something else.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I always hated the name Mandy, which is the shortened version of my name, Amanda. So one of my friends decided she was going to call me Manders instead, which I also hated so another friend shortened it to Ders. I can deal with Ders mostly because it's an actual shortening of my name (seriously, Mandy is one letter away.... Not really shortening anything...) and because there's a character on Workaholics named Ders. So it all works out!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Boner,

How close do we have to be before I can call you Boner? Because that's an awesome name.
  • Cartwheel_AC
    Cartwheel_AC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Browner (maiden name was Brown), AB, Ands or Dre all play off my name.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    One boss coined the nickname "red" because of my hair, and it stuck with me.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Tressa, Truesella (mainly because my boss will call you anything she can think of including hey you), t-ma, mama T, Tress Bess, Bill, Ziggster, Ziggy, Zig, B!tch (happens in the collections world), ginger, soul stealer...I think that's all.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Real life

The Big CB

and

Bash
  • Dream24601
    Dream24601 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kato (pronounced cat-o). My cousin gave me it. I call her Taco.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Foamy.

I wore a Foamy the Squirrel shirt to school one day my Freshman year. It was the day I met all of my friends. They couldn't remember my name, so Foamy just stuck.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    No nickname... [other than the 'normal' derogatory ones :mad: ]. I guess I've always taken life too serious. :huh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I was called Aquaman in school (11-16) and college (16-19).

I don't really have any nicknames these days :D
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    George, given to me by my oldest sister in an attempt to get me to talk around her friends. Some of them still refer to me and call me by that name.
    Some variations of my last name, Bucky, Rubber Becky (an evolution from when my sister still couldn't say Rebecca), Betty (first by my niece because she couldn't say the hard "K" sound, then My sister because she thought it was funny, now my bf's god daughter for the same reason as my niece).
    Queen B (I was the oldest member of my cross country team my senior year, the girls insisted)
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've got quite a few, but the one I hate the most is Little Bit. I don't think it's nearly intimidating enough for me.
  • britt7786
    britt7786 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am just called Britt. :)
  • ReeLani
    ReeLani Posts: 6
    Options
    Co-workers used to call me Bartender, because they'd all come sit at my desk and tell me their troubles. No, we didn't work in a bar!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    A few of my co-workers call me Pants. Abbreviated version of the original nickname, but pretty amusing to hear someone yell "Pants!" when I show up somewhere...
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Carlos (highly original, I know!)

Sted head (not for a while now)

T-1000 (Back in my School Days)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    A spin off of the MFP nicknames thread, what do your friends call you?
    Enemies around my neighborhood call me tits.

Bikers call me reemer.

Friends call me B*ch.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Typically they call my by my name. xD But my childhood nickname was Sissi and some call me that to this day.

ETA: Mom calls my crow sometimes, cus I like shiny things and get distracted by them easily. o3o