Documenting Boxing/Kickboxing Exercise on here

Options
I've got a membership at a place called Title Boxing Club. They offer "power hours" in which a trainer instructs a class for one full hour. I'm not sure how to accurately document this on MFP because it's never the same workout. It's constant cardio, and depending on which power hour you go to (Boxing or Kickboxing) the method of workout is varied.

Lots of squats, running, jumping, crunches, etc. There's no way I'll be able to keep track of it - Just wondering if anyone participates in these and has a certain thing that they list.

Thanks!

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Log it as calisthenics.
  • xclassiqx
    xclassiqx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is best to give you accurate caloric burn. MFP tends to over-exaggerate.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is best to give you accurate caloric burn. MFP tends to over-exaggerate.

So do most HRMs. xD

And a HRM would get destroyed in a good boxing class anyway. (Plus, you can't wear the watch with handwraps/gloves on.)
  • krlong6
    krlong6 Posts: 30
    Options
    Ahh, thank you!
  • krlong6
    krlong6 Posts: 30
    Options

I always have thought that it gave way more credit on calories burned than I had actually done.