My lowest weight in 10 years.

Options
I started MFP for the 2nd time in May of this year. I was 212 pounds, 33%+ body fat, 44 inch waist. I have been trying to stick to 2 pounds per week weight loss plan and logging my food every day. I go over my 1500 kcal goal frequently, but I still log everything. I have lost 40+ pounds in these 5 months, now I am down to 168 pounds, which is my lowest weight since 2005. My waist is 36 inches relaxed at the belly button level (the widest part), and my body fat estimate is 22-23%. I am still not at goal. I would love to get down to 10% bf, 145-150 lbs, and a six pack, so that I can look good at the beach. But I am already getting a ton of compliments and comments from my coworkers. I have also been doing SL 5x5 and my squat has gone up from barely being able to do 135 pounds, to 190 pounds. So, keep up the effort everyone, stay motivated, and don't beat yourself up if you go over a certain amount of calories per day. I've already had a 3.5 week "plateau", but I just kept at it and all of the sudden lost almost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. We can do this!

Replies

• aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep going
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You've got this!! The thing about plateaus is to keep at it :) Nicely done!!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Rome wasn't built in a day; it will take time. You may have to lower your cals a bit (not a lot); but need to make small changes you can live w/rest of your life (don't go whole hog). Smaller changes over time work better. You may also want to track your sugar intake; you may be eating more than you think (naturally occurring and added). I try to keep mine between 45 & 60 gm a day (I do occasionally go over). Good luck. B)
  • whb2015
    whb2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    great work!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    You're doing well
  • pippypuppy
    pippypuppy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress. Congrats
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Very, very nice!!!! :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    wow...WTG!
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! WTG!!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!