Loose skin

Options
hi everyone,
Advise needed Pls.
I'm half way through my weight Journey. Lost 3stone since May another 3 to go. I'm toning up but I'm finding I've got loose skin on my arm and belly. Will this shrink in time or not.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes and maybe. It will certainly shrink somewhat. Just how much it shrinks depends on how much fat you eventually lose, how long you were overweight, your age (older = less elasticity), and genetics. In addition, your skin shrinks more slowly than you lose fat, in most cases. That means that it could be a year or two after you hit your goal weight before you have a true idea of just how much your skin will shrink back.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Yes :]

But totally agree with the post above ^^

Continue doing what you're doing, You're doing great.

I've lost around 30 lbs and I have loose skin on my arms and stomach. I contacted my PT about this and he has started me on a weight lifting programme - I'm at goal weight so tightening the loose skin is my main aim now.

Just remember, you've done amazingly well and once you've hit your goal - you can re-assess the situation and decide what to do about the loose skin.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Thought to add this video on your thread. Age isn't discriminatory @loose skin, which is oftimes popularised on MFP. Case by case IMO.
    Video:https://youtu.be/CpKDteQ3FIQ
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you're young, there's a chance it will snap back. If you're older, less chance.

As we age, we lose elasticity in our skin. We just do. Time doesn't work in our favor. No supplements, creams, oils, powders, brushes or any other things anyone promises can add elastin to the skin. It just cannot. So, try not to get sucked into paying for that stuff.

Lose your weight and hope for the best! :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It could! Time will let you know and weightlifting can help. You have my hopes going with you! If not, you might be able to convince insurance to cover possible future surgery.

Good luck!
  • c123c
    c123c Posts: 81 Member
    Options