Is Your Halloween Costume Racist?

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
Below is a helpful flowchart to help you decide.
20131029-17145442-racist.jpg?fit=640%2C1280

P.S. If you're "sexy" anything you're a misogynist.

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I want to go as a Chris Brown and my girlfriend as Rihanna with bruises, I think both of us can pull off the blackface and it will be offensive to black people and feminists!!!
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    I want to go as a Chris Brown and my girlfriend as Rihanna with bruises, I think both of us can pull off the blackface and it will be offensive to black people and feminists!!!
    Chris Brown dressed up like someone in the Taliban last year didn't he? Racist!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I'm going as Richie Incognito, so I guess I'm in the clear since I'm not depicting another race, just a known racist?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnrOlDX0tcj3J97-jkZCJoP7Xx8AYsTwB1FVsepPwAAf1meOIvlA
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    What about the "Illegal alien" costume where the face is an alien from something like a Star Wars movie?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "Is Your Halloween Costume Racist?"

Isn't everything racist?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I just assume everything I do is offensive to someone. It's the easiest way.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm going as TAMU's poultry science former student Von Miller:

Von-Miller-Opens-Chicken-Farm.jpg

• blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    o7px3oxnqhwy.jpg
    My tattoo guy dressed as Sadam Hussein last year with bombs strapped to his chest seemed a bit racist
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    This was at the Spirit Store last year. Not quite racist, but I never thought of Hitler as a priest before.
    2015_10_15_12_45_14.jpg

If I can find the Dollar Store one from last year, I'll post it. It fits the bill perfectly. It was dubbed something like 'funny face disguise' but it was straight up WW2 propaganda 'ching chong chinaman'. Glasses, buck teeth, moustache...the illustration on the package even had the conical straw hat on and everything. It was amazing. :laugh:
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    "Is Your Halloween Costume Racist?"

Isn't everything racist?

"The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist." Marion Barry