Is monogamy really 'unnatural'? As this article suggest?

Options
2»

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I do not do monogamy anymore. I have tried in past relationships and I just can't do it.

My daughter's father and I have been together for 11 years. I do not love this man in a romantic way, but I have lots of love for him. I want him to be in my life forever. We have a great relationship. But I do not want to "be" with him. He has given me everything I have ever wanted... unconditional love (by him and my daughter) and someone to come home to (my daughter.) I want someone to be with in a committed, non-monogamous relationship, but when they hear that, they either get jealous, or think that they can sleep with anyone or everyone under the sun. That is not want I want. It makes things very difficult, so I have just decided to stop dating because it's just not worth it anymore. And then things get even more difficult when I say that I sleep with women. Then I get the "OH MAN WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ENDLESS THREESOMES!!!" Um, no. I sleep with women because I am not going to lie about my sexuality. Most men can at least accept the fact that I sleep with women, but once I say that I sleep with my daughter's father, then it's all over.

People asked me if I was going to marry my daughter's father after she was born. I was like "Um, no. I don't love him." "BUT YOU HAVE A BABY WITH HIM!?!" Yes, but I do not love him, no in that way. So that got me thinking and I asked him if he loved me. He said "That's a tough question. I never really thought about it. I love everything about you. I love that you're the mother of my child." I love the fact that he loves me unconditionally, the way I feel about him.