89 lbs and feeling confident

Options
so I'm weighing in at 89 lbs and in way under weight for my bmi, I'm not even sure how this happens . I eat when I'm hungry and I have 2 kids !!! But I really hate my body and have just been obsessing with gaining weight without being miserable doing so ! Wish me luck !

Replies

• karaceason
    karaceason Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Would love some skinny friends to join my weight gain journey with !!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you in therapy?
  • karaceason
    Options
    No ,I don't know where to go or what to do other than eat a lot . I've went to Drs but they never do anything really . I'm not scared of getting big I want to so I don't think I have a problem that way I just find myself only eating 700 calories a day , and will go days doing this , and I smoke ,stress makes me smoke a lot more than normal which also doesn't help
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good luck gaining :smile: I can sympathise, it's not easy eating a lot when you are used to eating very little. I get what you are going through, I did the same for years. Keep at it though, you'll get there :smile:
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard people gaining weight during the process of quitting smoking. Guess it's the constant snacking (need something to grab between fingers and put into mouth) that cause the weight-gain. OP, maybe this could help?!
  • karaceason
    Options
    Thank you everyone !!!!! I'll be so happy when I'm not a Skelton ,here is what I look like right now jubakd9svuzd.jpg
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    karaceason wrote: »
    I'll be so happy when I'm not a Skelton
    I know that feeling all too well! It doesn't take too long to start seeing the difference. After about 1 to 2 months after I started my mission I could see the difference in myself and others started commenting on the change. Consistency is key though, keeping at it over the long run isn't the easiest. I recently started slipping into old habits and lost 10lbs (I had gained 30lbs), I wasn't a happy bunny lol.

If you are one to forget to eat, set alarms on your phone for reminders. Calorie dense foods can help a lot, pistachio's and whole milk have been a savior for me. I would leave bags of pistachios all over the place to encourage me to snack. :smile:

Keep that 'before' picture for comparison, 2 months from now, take another snap :wink:
  • karaceason
    Options
    I sure will and I will deff try the nuts as a snack I like to snack !!!! I am hoping I can just grab my shoulders and not feel bones one day
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone !!!!! I'll be so happy when I'm not a Skelton
    Very understandable. Maybe invest in some peanut butter and Ritz crackers.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    +1 on the calorie dense foods. Always go with full fat versions.

Not sure that macro management would help too much, but protein and fats are supposedly more satiating, so maybe concentrate on a higher level of carbs?
  • karaceason
    Options
    Speaking a foreign language right now ,how about some examples of foods I should be eating guys ????? That I can work with lol
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, olive oil, anything to get to 1200 minimum calories
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, cheese and full fat dairy, avocados
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Speaking a foreign language right now ,how about some examples of foods I should be eating guys ????? That I can work with lol

Lol. I hear you.

Peanut Butter & Pretzels
    Cheese - I like getting really, really good cheese and making a giant plate of grapes, apples, cheese, & crackers
    Avocado
    Nuts
    Cereal & Whole Milk
    Pizza
    Ice Cream

How tall are you?
  • karaceason
    Options
    I'm 5'4 lol omg yall I'm going to be a blimp after today .ive never ate this much this frequent since I was pregnant lol . I'm so full I'm miserable and I still have 1500 calories to go today .jesus lord
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    One decent sized bowl of ice cream would double your caloric intake.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 lol omg yall I'm going to be a blimp after today .ive never ate this much this frequent since I was pregnant lol . I'm so full I'm miserable and I still have 1500 calories to go today .jesus lord
    What's your total calorie goal? What have you eaten so far?
  • karaceason
    Options
    My daily goal is like 2500 .
  • karaceason
    Options
    No it's 2100, I've got 1200 to go . And I FEEL SICK