Saggy skin or just fat? I need input please!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    malioumba wrote: »
    All of you women who report loose skin, is this mostly because of giving birth or being over-weight, obese?
    How big do you suppose an over-weight person would weigh around to potentially end up with loose skin after weight loss?
    A little is from when I was pregnant, but a very, very little. I was young then and had nice bounce-back. Most of mine is from being so very fat. I've lost about 96 pounds so far (more to go) and it's so bad now that it literally hangs down in a big droop off my butt.

When it starts, it begins as the wrinkly, crepe-paper thing people describe. But as you keep losing, it gets more and more loose and in some places, it literally falls down - droops, like cloth does if you fold it over your arm or a balloon drapery (minus the balloony part.)

No creams, oils, pills or brushes can fix skin that has lost it elasticity. They cannot prevent the skin from becoming loose.

They say that losing slow is helpful, but I've lost VERY slowly and still have it. I'm over 40, though. Young peeps will have an easier time of it.

Theoretically, you could fill the empty space left by fat loss with muscle. I would have to build the muscle Arnold Schwarzenegger had to fill all that space. Not sure I could do it and know I don't want to try! Lifting weights will not fix the skin itself, though.

They say that time will help it improve. I'm not sure that's true and hold out little hope, but it sure would be nice. :)
  • PaulBonham
    PaulBonham Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    pretty much the only people likely to see me doing planks in just a sports bra are my kids and I gave them life so they can deal with the "horror."

Lol, I love that!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    This looks like skin as opposed to fat - just my opinion.
    Looking great anyway! :)
  • freesiasun5
    freesiasun5 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    All of you women who report loose skin, is this mostly because of giving birth or being over-weight, obese?
    How big do you suppose an over-weight person would weigh around to potentially end up with loose skin after weight loss?

I think if you have stretch marks of any kind, that's a good indication you'll end up with loose skin after weight loss. (Not that they are necessary for loose skin, just more of a guarantee.)

At my heaviest (9 months pregnant with my first) I was 210. I'm currently 128. I have some loose skin, and when I plank my belly definitely does the same thing as OP's.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I've never been pregnant, I'm 24 years old, and I lost the majority of my weight over a year ago. I've lost 96lbs in total. My loose skin and fat hangs down a good few inches when I bend over.
    I used to weigh 245lbs, but I've seen people who were never that big to begin with have loose skin, so a lot of it depends on your genetics and lifestyle as well.
    I'll pop back and post a picture of my skin/fat later, I have no idea how much of either it is so it'd be interesting to see what people think.