Breathing problems during my strength training...

So is it normal to feel breathless and heart beating VERY FAST during strength training exercise like biceps curl.....furthermore i starting to feel breathing difficulty(hard to breath,almost suffocation) when i just only start doing it on 1st set within 5-6 reps...am i sick?

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    If I had to guess, you're probably not breathing consistently.

on isolation stuff like bicep curls, inhale as you lift the weight, slowly exhale through your teeth as you lower it.

On the compound moves (military press, deadlift, bench, squat) generally people take a deep breath, then hold it during the entire rep if the weight is very, very heavy (valsalva.) If it's like (IE: you can do 8+) then use the above breathing pattern.

If your breathing pattern is fine, but you still feel choked for air, you should talk to your doctor.
  • hiaag89
    hiaag89 Posts: 13
    If I had to guess, you're probably not breathing consistently.

on isolation stuff like bicep curls, inhale as you lift the weight, slowly exhale through your teeth as you lower it.

On the compound moves (military press, deadlift, bench, squat) generally people take a deep breath, then hold it during the entire rep if the weight is very, very heavy (valsalva.) If it's like (IE: you can do 8+) then use the above breathing pattern.

If your breathing pattern is fine, but you still feel choked for air, you should talk to your doctor.

ok thanks!i'll try your method and see whether it's work for me....or maybe i'll go do some body checkup...