Should I eat more today?

I've eaten 1306 calories today and have burned about 250 off by running and walking. I'm female, 5'3, 152 pounds, and 22 years old. I'm moderately active; I walk maybe a quarter mile during non work days, and three days a week I spend at least 4 hours on my feet at my job.

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    You're netting less than 1200 so yes. You should be netting the goal MFP gives you. The calorie deficit is already calculated for you. Grab some ice cream!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Well...that depends. If you've entered yourself as lightly active your walking will probably be included in your activity level. Eat a bit more if you're hungry. You'll just have to monitor to see if you're losing at an appropriate rate. I'm 5'4" and when I was in the 150s, lightly active, I was eating about 1400.
  • d678
    d678 Posts: 3 Member
    It all depends on your calorie intake. If your goal is to lose weight then I suggest trying to work out your BMR. Then subtract 500-1000 calories everyday to lose 1-2 pounds weekly. Your moderatly active so if you want to lose about 2 pounds per week then 1400-1500 calories a day is a good aim (including exercise)
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    d678 wrote: »
    It all depends on your calorie intake. If your goal is to lose weight then I suggest trying to work out your BMR. Then subtract 500-1000 calories everyday to lose 1-2 pounds weekly. Your moderatly active so if you want to lose about 2 pounds per week then 1400-1500 calories a day is a good aim (including exercise)

I think you mean TDEE, not BMR.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    You need to eat your exercise calories back to fuel your burns.

MFP already has you at a deficit with your set calorie limit. You need to eat the exercise calories you earn on top of that otherwise you're dangerously under.
  • d678

I think you mean TDEE, not BMR.

Yeah your right
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

@d678 My Bmr Is 1400, as already mentioned you're thinking about TDEE

• d678

@d678 My Bmr Is 1400, as already mentioned you're thinking about TDEE
    Yeah I did I was thinking BMR in my head and put that instead without realising