Non weight bearing exercises

Options
I recently had Achilles tendon surgery, (August 31st) at this time I cannot fully weight bear, just started 50% of my weight to my right foot. I'm looking for some upper body ext. that I can do while sitting or something that I could do while I'm unable to actively exercise. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Swim or Aqua classes might be the best bet
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lots of seated exercise videos on YouTube. Some will be for seniors...but find the one on JessicaSmithTV - she's fun.

If you've got access to a pool....that's probably best.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Join a gym. You can swim, you can use some of the weight machines, maybe the bike. Have you seen a Physical Therapist yet? They can show you what is safe.

I've had two hip arthroscopies in the last two years, so I've dealt with that too.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Are you working with phys therapy? I'd ask them.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Upper body weights at the gym, swimming, chair exercise at home on YouTube or DVD ( Google chair boxing) matt/floor exercises, some yoga.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Are you working with phys therapy? I'd ask them.

This. This so very much. Ask your doctor or PT as healing is more important than continuing to work out in ways that might cause injury or extend your recovery period. Heal first, get fit second. Weight loss will come from diet more so than activity. Be safe, and be in it for the long haul. Patience with yourself is also an important skill to learn.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Six inches and stomach crunches leap to mind.

Can you swim?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Ask your dr. It is not something to experiment with.