Anyone try PB2?

Options

Replies

• jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, PB2 is alright. I'm much more satisfied by a tablespoon of peanut butter than I am a tablespoon of PB2.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    PB2 is not as good as the real deal, but I like it just fine and it's much easier to work into my calorie goal. It's a little pricey - I started ordering the huge jars on Amazon to save a little $$.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like it. It isn't identical to regular peanut butter, but it's tasty enough as an alternative. I particularly like it on a rice cake with some Laughing Cow cheese -- something about the textures together is very satisfying.
  • onrienjohn525
    onrienjohn525 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love pb2. I loved peanut butter before I started losing weight so finding pb2 was awesome for me. It's great for anything and I have tested on a lot of family members and they all think it tastes exactly like peanut butter! One you measure out the powder you can choose how creamy or thick you want it by however much water you choose to put in it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I buy peanut flour which is also defatted, but has no salt or sugar added, just peanuts.

I LOVE adding it to a simple stir fry. When I get my plain steamed chicken and broccoli from Chinese takeout, I pretty much add 10-15g of peanut flour and15-20g bottled stir fry sauce and boom - easy peanut sauce on my food.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love it as much as real peanut butter. You have to get the consistency to your liking though- just the right amount of water.
    Definitely worth a try!!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this stuff. I mix it with yogurt and it's the best thing ever.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Agreed!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love it in oatmeal and yogurt. Honestly can't tell the difference from regular PB. Reconstituted it's probably not as tasty though but I've never tried.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Agreed!!

Agreed. Thickens up protein fluff and pudding too.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Thowe92 wrote: »

Agreed!!

Agreed. Thickens up protein fluff and pudding too.

I can't get the taste to come through when I use it in fluff! :(
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love it. I'm a huge peanut butter fan! :) Jif also has one out if you're looking to save some change :)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I love it in my morning protein shake (with chocolate protein powder), but haven't actually made "peanut butter" with it.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I tried it after reading all of the rave reviews here on MFP and it was HORRIBLE. I only use peanut butter on PBJ sandwiches, though. Supposedly, it works well for adding peanut butter flavoring to other foods (like yogurt and oatmeal) but I dislike peanut butter flavored foods. I just want a good PBJ sandwich, and this did not cut it.
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I only use it in smoothies to keep my calorie count on track. Will have to give it a try in the yogurt!
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well...
    I ended up saving a few bucks and got a pound if Winco bulk bin Peanut Powder.
    http://wincofoods.com/bulk-bin/2613/
    I mix 2 savings of that plus 2 servings of the plain protein whey with a serving of Greek yogurt. Tasted good and loaded with protein.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I dip celery cucumbers and mushrooms in it haha I am weird
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I picked up some at Walmart a month or so ago and incorporated it wherever I could for a while, but now I find myself just going for the real thing.

I guess what I'm finding is that I'm spending 50 calories on something that I can't really taste. 50 calories worth of the real stuff seems to add a lot more peanut butter flavor than 50 calories of PB2 does. Even a 45 calorie mini reese cup imparts more flavor.

I'll keep experimenting. Maybe I'll find a use for it where it'll become my new favorite thing. But I think I'd sooner purchase a peanut butter flavored protein powder than repurchase pb2 at this point in time.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I picked up some at Walmart a month or so ago and incorporated it wherever I could for a while, but now I find myself just going for the real thing.

I guess what I'm finding is that I'm spending 50 calories on something that I can't really taste. 50 calories worth of the real stuff seems to add a lot more peanut butter flavor than 50 calories of PB2 does. Even a 45 calorie mini reese cup imparts more flavor.

I'll keep experimenting. Maybe I'll find a use for it where it'll become my new favorite thing. But I think I'd sooner purchase a peanut butter flavored protein powder than repurchase pb2 at this point in time.

You can try other brands too. I have found that the peanut butter and Co version has a good flavor, and I've also tried a store brand that I could taste.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it all - didn't taste much like peanuts to me and had a funny Reese's-like sweetness. But, lots of people do like it so you should give it a shot.