420 friendly

Options
So Im a smoker and the first thing on my mind once I'm high is food. Any smokers out there with this same situation..how do you deal with this problem?

Not smoking is not an answer so don't waste your time telling me to quit. Thanks ;)

Replies

• stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ;) yep I know exactly what you're talking about. ME TOO!! I'm a full time smoker, for chronic pain, my friends and family know better than to tell me not to use my medicine.
    Couldn't get out of bed without it.
    Let's be friends and puff puff pass
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I used to smoke. Instead of sitting around and being lazy when you're high, why not go out and be active? When I was in high school and college, one of my friends (who smoked all the time) was constantly doing sports and was the skinniest guy I knew.

Also, continue to log everything you eat.
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's just if I'm home and bored that I munch out. What about low cal snacks like carrots that will satisfy the oral fix? I tend to be OK if I've had a meal and I have a glass of water or some gum to chew after. Or I make myself a diet soda or something instead if I need a sweet fix.
  • H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Smoking is exactly what got me into trouble (weight wise) once I injured my knee! Definitely try to make better food choices when you've got the munchies. If your gonna binge, do it on some celery (add some cream cheese or peanut butter)! My greatest suggestion is when buying food, don't buy junk! This way you won't be tempted when the time comes. Other options are popcorn, peanuts, fruit, veggies, frozen yogurt. Or prepare food before you smoke (cuz we all know how lazy one can be once high haha)! Good luck!
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Since for me its mostly after dinner/late nights when munchies hit, I keep popcorn, skinny cow ice cream, yogurt, applesauce, fiber one bars, fruit snacks and cereal in the house all the time. Then I can grab something when I go on the search for snacks. And I still track it.
  • itsdicap
    itsdicap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is was def a problem for me as well, however, lately it has been suppressing my appetite. I wonder if different strains have this effect. Never thought about that before now I head to bing for answers. Also try smoking after you eat.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    I used to smoke. Instead of sitting around and being lazy when you're high, why not go out and be active? When I was in high school and college, one of my friends (who smoked all the time) was constantly doing sports and was the skinniest guy I knew.

Also, continue to log everything you eat.

I smoke more than anyone I know and I am by far the most active of all my friends
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Being active is a great alternative to eating. Going for walks, playing a sport, really anything that gets you moving and occupied.

Try experimenting with a different strain. Different types have different effects, so learn which ones trigger hunger and avoid them.

Look for high volume, low-cal alternatives. Depending on the popcorn, you can eat a lot of it without packing in the calories, especially if you use herbs and spices instead of butter. Fruit is always awesome, apples and honey, banana with a little peanut butter, a bunch of grapes or raisins.