Addicted to food need to loose 14lbs I need support

Options
My names Nicola , i use this before i managed to loose about 3 stone. After taking my panic attacks from when i use to have issues with eating ( I stopped eating), I have gained a stone.

I keeping putting it on and off.....but it's time i do something about it.

But the addiction to eating chocolate , Fish suppers ( we brittish love our fish and chips) I want to loose to feel better for my self.

I just need motivation and encouragement

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicola, why do you think you are addicted to food? Or are you saying you just love it? So do I :)

If you've used this app before, you know the drill. The first step is to start logging. Make sure you can fit in foods you enjoy, stay in a deficit. Those 14 lbs will be gone before ya know it!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hi Nicola, why do you think you are addicted to food? Or are you saying you just love it? So do I :)

If you've used this app before, you know the drill. The first step is to start logging. Make sure you can fit in foods you enjoy, stay in a deficit. Those 14 lbs will be gone before ya know it!

So much this^^ Stop blaming food, food is not the problem. Eating too much is the problem. I eat chocolate and love fish and chips but I make it work into my calorie allotment for the day. Love food, eat food just not too much!!

welcome to MFP!!
  • junkfood_junkie89
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I had an eating disorder I would avoid alot of stuff but when i got better. I started eating the foods i wouldnt eat before. I suffer from panic attacks and i end up stress eating.

It feels like an addiction ....and endless battle but i want to do it properly this time without no stress
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest a book http://charlesduhigg.com/the-power-of-habit/

You know what your triggers (cues) are, and your old reward was certain foods. The trick is trying ways to divert the trigger and reward yourself in new ways.