MFP double counting iPhone steps

Options
I've been using my phone to count my exercise steps for a while now and mostly it works just fine (though it doesn't allow for negative adjustments and I know it's too high), but today it really looked high for just getting ready for my day. When I looked, it shows iOS step adjustment and also MFP adjustments for iOS. Or something like that, but 2 similar but not the same names - and they have different calorie adjustments! Weird. Anyone have any ideas on why or have seen similar things? For now I'm going to just discount it and keep in mind to be extra sure not to think I can eat all those calories back. (I can't see how to post a photo of it from the app or I would)

Replies

• kcsamuels01
    kcsamuels01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having this problem as well today. It is showing mfp steps and then also iOS steps. The site is correct, but the app is not. Any fixes?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    One day, for the hell of it and just to see if they'd be the same or not, I had my phone running two different step counters, a borrowed fitbit and my phone, itself, counting my steps. All four were different. Each was begun and stopped at the same time.

I don't know (and couldn't measure) how far I actually walked, so there is no way to tell which was right. These things aren't all that reliable, though. Fwiw.

I don't know about synching with the app.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem (recently moved to Fitbit for counting steps) quite regularly.

It seemed to get fixed when I shut down both the MFP and Health apps and restarted them a while later.

Sometimes it needed a phone restart, but mostly that would fix it.