Almost halfway there

Options
Ponkeen
Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
So I've been on here for about 4.5 months and have lost 34 lbs. So far, so good. I have hit a few bumps along the way, but overall it's gone much more smoothly than I anticipated. I avoided losing weight for a long time due to the perceived amount of effort, but that has not been the case. I just have to be more mindful of my eating. What has your experience been like so far?

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, what amazing progress! I have plateaued, but I am making some adjustments. For one thing, I think age has slowed down my metabolism. Anyway, welcome to the boards and keep up the great work!
  • baconsgirl
    baconsgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey dear, it's great that things are going well for you and eating definitely the hardest part. As for me, I've had plenty of struggles and ups and downs and stalls. We all do. But, I find that paying attention to how you feel helps more than anything else. No matter what the scale is telling you. Keep it going and you'll get where you want to be.
  • Ponkeen
    Options
    rnohou2010 wrote: »
    Wow, what amazing progress! I have plateaued, but I am making some adjustments. For one thing, I think age has slowed down my metabolism. Anyway, welcome to the boards and keep up the great work!

Thanks @rnohou2010! I've had one minor plateau, but managed to bust through it by changing up the workout routine a bit. I think it will get tougher as I get lower, particularly when I move from 'obese' to overweight' and then 'normal.' About 10 pounds to go until I'm in a different bmi category!
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I am on week 17 and things are going great. I am paying lots of attention to every little positive change and I write it down. Mostly, I have had good days but there are days when I could eat a truckload of food, but I don't. I work through it by drinking water or exercising. I am finding some tricks that work for me. I am a pizza and potato chips fan, so I have a Weight Watchers pizza and Special K cracker chips instead. I know I can fit the regular potato chips in my daily limits, but I rather not waste my calories on that. It is not filling and I will just end up being hungry.

You sounds really determined. Great job :)
  • Ponkeen
    Options
    baconsgirl wrote: »
    Hey dear, it's great that things are going well for you and eating definitely the hardest part. As for me, I've had plenty of struggles and ups and downs and stalls. We all do. But, I find that paying attention to how you feel helps more than anything else. No matter what the scale is telling you. Keep it going and you'll get where you want to be.

Very true. It's not just about losing weight, but changing your relationship with food, and even with the outside world.
  • Ponkeen
    Options
    Wii_Player wrote: »
    Way to go!!! I am on week 17 and things are going great. I am paying lots of attention to every little positive change and I write it down. Mostly, I have had good days but there are days when I could eat a truckload of food, but I don't. I work through it by drinking water or exercising. I am finding some tricks that work for me. I am a pizza and potato chips fan, so I have a Weight Watchers pizza and Special K cracker chips instead. I know I can fit the regular potato chips in my daily limits, but I rather not waste my calories on that. It is not filling and I will just end up being hungry.

You sounds really determined. Great job :)

Good tricks, Wii_Player! And nice job on your progress!