1 year, 73 pounds, and now a Future Sailor

Rashanti1
Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
I meant to post this a couple of weeks ago, but anyway....

6mxertn6i9y7.jpg

Oh, what a difference a year makes. I know with weight loss, we want to give up when there's no sight of instant gratification. For all the people out there who are struggling....don't give up! Hard work DOES pay off in the end! I was able to enlist in the U.S. Navy back in July after losing 67 pounds. There may be some faded stretch marks or a little bit of loose skin here and there, but those are the scars from winning the battle. Don't be afraid to flaunt them with pride :-)

Replies

• callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    WOW! That's an amazing transformation! Good for you!

And I just want to say that it's incredibly awesome to see where the weight came off! One confession: I am quite fond of my bottom, and I would love to keep it while seeing the rest of the weight come off, haha.

How did you lose the weight? Dietary changes only, or exercise too? If you did exercise too, did you target certain areas? What did/does your routine look like?

GREAT job!! :smiley:
  • you look amazing now, and congrats on achieving something you wanted to! i have to ask, what kept you motivated when you didnt get immediate gratification? thats my problem, a cake gives me pleasure straight away, whereas weightloss takes time and im so impatient lol :s
  • alyssabrandes09
    alyssabrandes09 Posts: 7 Member
    Amazing job
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Rashanti1 wrote: »
    There may be some faded stretch marks or a little bit of loose skin here and there, but those are the scars from winning the battle. Don't be afraid to flaunt them with pride :-)

Love that mindset, thanks for sharing your amazing success!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Congratulations and thank you for serving. My granddaughter graduated from naval boot camp 9-11-15 and has joined a new ship in Pascagoola Fl. So good to see women serving.

• kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Congrats, you look great! Welcome to the Navy and thank you for serving!
  • glitterlizzy
    glitterlizzy Posts: 31 Member
    Wow! Great work you look amazing!
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Go girl...well done! :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Great work! Love your attitude and message :smiley:
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Nice work! you wear your battle scars well!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    superstar!!!
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    Rashanti1 wrote: »
    I meant to post this a couple of weeks ago, but anyway....

6mxertn6i9y7.jpg

Oh, what a difference a year makes. I know with weight loss, we want to give up when there's no sight of instant gratification. For all the people out there who are struggling....don't give up! Hard work DOES pay off in the end! I was able to enlist in the U.S. Navy back in July after losing 67 pounds. There may be some faded stretch marks or a little bit of loose skin here and there, but those are the scars from winning the battle. Don't be afraid to flaunt them with pride :-)

that's AWESOME!....You done good...thanks for sharing...And Thank-you for wanting to serve our Country..wishing you much Success in all you do.... <3
  • My son's in the Navy. He had to overcome different physical obstacles to join but now he's been in almost three years! It's been so good for him.

Thank you for serving. Welcome to the Navy family.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!